Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 04 in for the 7500 mile service on Thursday. Charge was $70 and some change. They also installed a new aluminum center console (piece with the shifter/cup holder) since my other one was banged up and scratched (warranty). This also included tire rotation.

Well on Friday, I noticed they forgot to put the "shift lock" black plug in the console so I went back to have them do that.

On Saturday, noticed that the tires were out of balance as the steering wheel had the dreaded "shimmy". Somehow as a result of the tire rotation, they were out of balance. Took it back in and waited for them to balance them. (They charged me $21 and some change for this). The reason I didn't argue about this was the fact they installed the center console under warranty. When I got home, I noticed that they put the wheels on differently which negated the tire rotation (one of my rims has some scratches on it and it was back where it was prior to the rotation). So I took it back in on Saturday and waited again for them to get them on properly.

No matter what it is, there always seems to be an issue with basic service at a car dealer. This is the only industry where the company doesn't go out of business as a result of customer dissatisfaction.

Also, if you are having a ticking or rattle in your center console area by your cupholder I can direct you how to fix it. PM me if you want.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sorry about the bad service... You said they replaced the center console under warranty. Did they scratch it? Or did they replace it just because of wear and tear?

I would love to get my center console replaced, but the only damage there was done by me or the wife :( Will Infiniti replace it under warrant?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct on the one in Plano. They seem to be better than Sewell and Grubbs is too far. I hope this is the worst of it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also on the center console. Everything that had been done to it was done by me. It was banged up pretty good with some scratches. I had ordered a new one and was going to pay for it myself but never did pick it up. When I went in for service they asked if I wanted it installed. I said yes and planned to bitch if they were going to charge me. They warrantied the item however and didn't have to pursue it any further.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey FXlent... I just got quoted $739.99 for 30,000 mile service by these guys in Plano...
Is this high? Sounds like it to me. They say tranny flush, Anti freeze flush, Oil and filter, cabin and air filter etc etc,
WOW !!! That much Hurts !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts