Infiniti FX Forum banner

7500 mile Service cost

7K views 39 replies 23 participants last post by  Tummy 
#1 ·
Holy crap :cry: ...I just had my second maintenance on my FX and the dealer charged me $200+ I am just curious as to what other are people paying. It seems like awfully lot for.
- Oil change (Mobil 1, standard Infiniti oil filter).
- Wheel alignment (covered under the warranty)

Anyone else use Mobil 1? if so what do you set the service internal at? The dealer set the interval at standard 3750. In addition once the maintenance light is flashing how do you reset the maintenance warning? Is it some sort of tool you need like in BMW cars?

#3 ·
Take a look at the maintenance schedule items, and decide for yourself whether the items performed are worth $200.

At 7500 mi, I did the tire rotation myself and I took the FX to the dealer for an oil change. Total cost $30

I will probably bite the bullet and pay for the 30,000 maintenance. But now that I look at it, I may just ask them for an oil change, replace air filter, ATF, differential, and transfer case oil. I bet you this approach will be cheaper than the 30k maintenance.

#4 ·
gtxjoe said:
Take a look at the maintenance schedule items, and decide for yourself whether the items performed are worth $200.

At 7500 mi, I did the tire rotation myself and I took the FX to the dealer for an oil change. Total cost $30

I will probably bite the bullet and pay for the 30,000 maintenance. But now that I look at it, I may just ask them for an oil change, replace air filter, ATF, differential, and transfer case oil. I bet you this approach will be cheaper than the 30k maintenance.
I agree. I have seen some people pay 300 for the 15k service. Looks like Infiniti is trying to hit home runs with thier service. My BMW had service paid up front. That was nice. I used this link to help figure out what I want done :
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Infiniti/Ma ... /FX/30.htm

I did not let them do anything else besides what is listed there.

#5 ·
FX Lover said:
The dealer set the interval at standard 3750. In addition once the maintenance light is flashing how do you reset the maintenance warning? Is it some sort of tool you need like in BMW cars?
If you have the tech package, then go to the maintenance screen and change the service intervals. You can do this for the engine oil and tire rotation intervals. Not sure how the non-tech FX works.

#6 ·
FX Lover said:
Holy crap :cry: ...I just had my second maintenance on my FX and the dealer charged me $200+ I am just curious as to what other are people paying. It seems like awfully lot for.
- Oil change (Mobil 1, standard Infiniti oil filter).
- Wheel alignment (covered under the warranty)

Anyone else use Mobil 1? if so what do you set the service internal at? The dealer set the interval at standard 3750. In addition once the maintenance light is flashing how do you reset the maintenance warning? Is it some sort of tool you need like in BMW cars?
So all they did was change to Synth Oil and change filter?? :shock:

Something is definitely wrong, if the Alignment is under warranty i don't see how they could have charged you 200+

#8 ·
The Price Is Right :D

2-years / 24K Maintenance is included with my FX 8)

#9 ·
2 years 24,000 miles FREE maint. here too.

Qouted $30 to change to Mobil 1 fully syn. at first service (gonna do early at 1,000miles).

Fully syn is At LEAST good for 7,000miles (used to run Royal Perple which is stated good for 12,000 miles but changed every 6-7)

#11 ·
05fxguy said:
Well, its time for my 7500 service. Just wondering if i really need a tire rotation.
If you are going to do the rotation yourself then it is worth it. Otherwise the cost vs benefit is typically not in your favor.

#12 ·
05fxguy said:
Well, its time for my 7500 service. Just wondering if i really need a tire rotation
If you have AWD, a resounding yes- ATTESA-ETS will set a code if the tires aren't all within a few mm of each other in diameter.

#14 ·
Well my dealer wanted $200 for the 7500 service. I laughed at them and asked for just the oil change and the wheel rotation. They wanted $99 for that combo. I laughed at them again and told them to change my oil and thats it. Total was about $35. I'll rotate the tires myself at 10000 miles and pay myself $65 for the job :D Time to check out other dealers in the area.

#15 ·
7500 service last Sat., switched over to Mobil 1, some warr. work, re-set ECU, bumped timing 2 degrees - $95 :shock: they must've liked the cookies!

#17 ·
PINITI-FX said:
switched over to Mobil 1, re-set ECU, bumped timing 2 degrees
Feels better but its only been 3 days and keep in mind I did all three items above at the same time, so it'll be hard to pinpoint. :) Let's see If MPG's continue to get a little better, exhaust work tweks seemed to improve some. :eek:

#19 ·
Have my 7500 mile service tomorrow. $ 135 @ Infiniti of Nashville. I know they are robbing me, but I really want to see how their service is and if it's worth it.....When I expressed shock over the cost they said" well, we wash and vacuum your car too!"

#24 ·
I bought my car at Atlantic and got my complimentary first change there as well. Excellent service(It did take a little long, about 1.5 hours) The wash and vacuum was done well, it would have cost $35 for oil and filter if i had to pay.

I am coming up to $7500 and am debating on going independent as well. I'll find out how much it will be and base my decision on price. I do however have to take my FX in for a popping noise over bumps in the fender so i might just get everything done at once.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.