Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make my fx35 pretty fun and unique with a manual swap. What do i need to complete the swap and what tips do you guys have.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
When I first got mine I was thinking the same thing but the task seemed way to onerous for my abilities. I don't think I have ever seen this swap done but if you do groundbreaking work on this I would love to follow your build.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I first got mine I was thinking the same thing but the task seemed way to onerous for my abilities. I don't think I have ever seen this swap done but if you do groundbreaking work on this I would love to follow your build.
I mean its pretty straight foward... the fx35 is built on the same chassis as the g35. The g35 already comes with a manual option so its a matter of lining things up and installing all corresponding parts to their stamped spots on the chassis.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It’s been done a couple of times already but it’s been many years since I’ve seen anyone post a recent conversion.
I’ve done a bit of research and from what I gathered was the brake pedal and parking brake pedal can be swapped for manual pedals. You don’t even have to swap the brake pedal if you are willing to cut yours smaller and reshape it.
The driveshaft needs to be lengthened as a cd009 is a bit shorter A g35 driveshaft won’t work either. Different carrier bearing location and different pinion yoke on the rear diff
Ditching the parking brake pedal means you need a hand brake and to customize a new center console
The ecu needs to be reflashed to work without the auto trans tcm on the can bus network and keep it out of limp mode.

If I ever get around to doing it, I’m going to buy a donor car as a lot of the wiring and hydraulic lines and odds and ends would be worth having from a donor rather than nickel and diming myself to death.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts