Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (pant, pant) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

Admittedly, the car was bone dry 'cause I wanted to wait 'till I got to Long Beach and fill up on "Von's Gas" (grocery-store affiliate; $2.289 for 91- which is a bargain, fscked-up as that sounds). This will be one of the most expensive 300 miles I'll drive :?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
:(

Its going to be an expensive spring. I hate politics.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Dude its 2.50 in SF for 91 :evil:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mushutofu said:
Dude its 2.50 in SF for 91 :evil:
Yeah, I've seen it hit highs of $2.659 here in L.A. County, too- but that's an extreme. Again, didn't we go to war with Iraq for their oil ('cause it sure wasn't over Al-Quida nor any WMDs!)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
dayum :shock:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Again, didn't we go to war with Iraq for their oil ('cause it sure wasn't over Al-Quida nor any WMDs!)
i second that sentiment

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
its all the way up to 1.85 for preium here in NOVA. you guys in CA must be HATING it. on a side note, i had FOUR people today ride in my blind spot and then pass me , slow down and crane their necks to check out my FX. ....makes the high price worth while :)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Well over here I use 98 and I pay and average of $53.00 for a tank with about just under a quarter tank left. Even though I dont drive too much but I still need to get gas 3 times a week.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
fx will actually be better for me than this gas hording alwas 4wheel drive jeep it takes 50 bucks to fill up the tank on cheapest and i use almost a quarter a day to drive to my intenship right now....

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
the only advantage to my FX being in the shop is the G35 loaner given to me. Had it 10 days now and have only filled up twice -- and that's with a 400 mile round trip to Baton Rouge. Still --- I want my FX back :cry:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I paid about $42 today at Costco, and I still had just under a quarter of a tank left. It's insane. This doesn't help the buyers remorse that's been nagging me since I got the FX in October.

Bring on the Hybrids!

·
Registered
38 Posts
NM-CA Road trip gas

A couple of weeks ago we did a round-trip from Albuquerque to Orange County to Sonoma and back to Albuquerque. We were only driving around a day in Orange County and a day in Sonoma, so the miles were mostly highway.

miles = 2484
mpg = 17.99
gas cost for trip = $350

Noticed the following:
Some self-serve pumps shut off at $50.00, so we couldn't fill all the way. (probably a safety cutoff preset before gas prices got so high) :roll:
The "miles to empty" reset itself on the trip from the usual 343 to a high of 393.
Didn't see many FXen, but we got some nice comments on Bella, whose liquid copper looked pretty clean despite bug gutz on the front.

Although some pumps were almost $3.00/gallon, we still think it was a good deal and don't regret the 45 engine one bit. 8)

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
pjo1966 said:
Bring on the Hybrids!
Anyone know how much better gas mileage would be in a hybrid SUV? I don't. Yet, I keep wondering if the cost benefit is really there. For example, if there was a hybrid FX that got 30 mpg instead of 20, then for the average driver it will take close to 6 years to see the cost savings (assuming the hybrid costs about $3K more). I have no problem with the environmental savings, just having a hard time seeing the cost benefit. I think I'd have to completely abandon SUVs altogether if fuel costs truly become unaffordable.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
particlefx said:
Anyone know how much better gas mileage would be in a hybrid SUV? I don't. Yet, I keep wondering if the cost benefit is really there.
Hrmph. I NEED ACCELERATION!!! Will a hybrid be able to do that?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I get 300 miles out of this (and that'll be used by Friday) I'll be doing good- but I sure love that kick in my seat when I hit the pedal at speed!

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
[quote Hrmph. I NEED ACCELERATION!!! [/quote]
LOL
i can see why, so you can get to an ATM real quick to refill the gas tank :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Kenny, How many miles on your speedometer? When do you buy again?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FXcellent said:
How many miles on your speedometer?
Just over 16K.
When do you buy again?
I'm not sure what you mean here- buy gas again? Probably Friday or Saturday.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts