Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the updated CDN opinion. Can out of of province/country users of the 407 still be held in plate denial if they don't pay their bill?

·
Registered
443 Posts
i dunno...

i am from Quebec...
i drove on it in late Aug. and i still didn't get the bill

·
Registered
29 Posts
Right from their website...

"Q. Do out-of-province users get a free ride?
A. All users of the highway are billed, including out of province and U.S. users. If you choose to travel 407 ETR you are required by law to pay all tolls, fees and interest. The monthly bill is due upon mailing."

http://www.407etr.com/qas/qas.asp

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Ontario, Quebec, New York & I can't remember the last state... anyways, the Ministry of Transportations communicate with each other databases.... so if you're from one of these 4 places and you don't pay, you're taking a risk.

·
Registered
154 Posts
That's true but that's only pertaining to highway traffic act infractions.
Remember, the 407 is not owned by the government anymore. So unless that private firms wishes to take you to court over $20 or so I don't see that happening.

·
Registered
443 Posts
i got my ETR payment due notice today!!!!

from QEW to 403 = 8.72$!!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did a trip from 404-401 west and 401-whiteseast and it cost 26. A $3 video charge each way....the plate number is for my boat trailer that I'll never use again as we are going to keep the boat moored all summer then let the marina store for the winter. I might gamble and say screw the fees. Strange that I went on lots of trips up to Barrie from NY and never got a bill over the last 1-2 years. Now I get a bill for my trailer....

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Just wanted to get an update from 407 users. How's the billing? Any problems? Heard nightmare stories about overcharging, charging even if you didn't use it (including charges from other cars with similar plates), credit not showing up, etc.

·
Registered
984 Posts
we've had no problems with billing, we even lost our transponder
when our cars were stolen, but we got the situation fixed smoothly

i dont think any of us (in the house) have ever had a problem with overbilling

·
Registered
49 Posts
Eventually you will have to pay for the toll, because if you don't, you can't get your license plate renew until you pay the toll plus the administrative cost.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've been over billed before when they read a plate wrong and improperly billed me.

If you don't pay your bill, even if it's only $2, they will keep billing you in interest fees. Even though it's costing them more money to bill you then your payment is worth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts