Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in the high rent zone from DC to NYC,one gets to see everything hot... often.I have yet to see the highly touted 4.8 X-5.It is still on their web site thugh!

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Hope not. I am having fun blowing away all those x5's who are dumb enough to try! :twisted:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
johnmax said:
Hope not. I am having fun blowing away all those x5's who are dumb enough to try! :twisted:
Wow- here in SoCal, most of the X5s (incl. the 4.4s) are wasted on Soccer Moms who can't get out of their own way.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed,4.4 and 4.6 are no contest...I thought the Lexus RX was the soccer mom queen?

·
Registered
848 Posts
In the last year and a half, I've never had an X5 that seemed willing to try. Plenty of folks in cars that had no chance, obviously not knowing what they were dealing with, and only a few SUVs, but none worth mentioning. My most interesting kills have probably been a Lexus IS, and Saab turbo. :?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Cayennes are the best (not turbos of course). They think they have a fast Porsche. Then I just take off and leave 'em in the dust. The best part is the looks you get at the next stop light :twisted: .

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks a lot everyone. Now I wish I had spent the extra bucks for a 45. Maybe I can convince my wife to upgrade next year.

I will tell her the ashtray is full and we need to trade. Means I have to take up smoking, but it might be worth it.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
upgrades are already under your foot.....start moddin', for less than a grand you'll quicken the pace , and for 6 grand you can "BLOW" a 45 outtadawater!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wanna Bet...only if it is stock!and even then I am not sure...let's see 1/4 mile times...0-60 are basically irrelevant.(a car that launches well,geared well or is light will 0-60 better than the 1/4 where power shows...I use the comparison to decide whether to take someone on launch or off a roll).. races are won on distance covered!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I forgot about you and that lowered, tricked tranny / exhaust! at this point it's Philly's 45 (you) vs. N.Y.'s SC35! ...now that's a run i would love to see! / Date - Time - Place? anyone wanna promote this? can a Modded 35 kick a 45's a...? or visa...v

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tuesday,I go to get the Paddock CAI.Twice this week I have talked with Random Tech and Performance Nissan about the hi flow cats.
In lieu of a blower or ECU, this was my shopping list and I am completing it!
I will get a Cay Turbo yet!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
if all goes as planned then, maybe we can get together by EOM or so.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EOM??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts