Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
What exactly does the grounding kit do? I read before it is mainly for those who have aftermarket professional stereo system to achieve better stability. Is there any real hp gain like those auctions said?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am interested, is it easy to DIY?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
e39ng said:
I am interested, is it easy to DIY?
once the kit is finalized, the lines are custom made, and tested for correct fitment, it will be VERY easy, and will be featured here (along with step by step instructions..)

i look forward to it; hope you do too....

SMS

·
Registered
325 Posts
Great! keep me posted :wink:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Here's a great article on it. This article was clipped from Turbo & High-Tech Performance Magazine July 2003 issue.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did you notice in that article it said:

"The key is to experiment with different grounding locations until the optimum result is reached."

I read similar reports in other rags that said that you could actually make less power if grounded in the wrong locations. So without a Dyno to tune it/find the right locations, how would you know?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to give a shout out and thank everybody for their interest and enthusiasm towards the grounding kits.

GHS

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
InSaNeAmine: Welcome to the board and thank you very much for sending me the kit! I will try to install them tonight or by latest tomorow before my snowboard trip this wknd. Looking foward to giving you a full review. :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
step two of the process is underway!!

step one:: analyze mounting points and confirm with GUY

step two:: make measurements and mock wires to determine correct length (with some sag allowed)

step three:: install the prototype set (which may in fact be the final set)

step four:: make available to all FXORG members at a discounted rate...

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I noticed that there were connection to the upper intake plenum. I am concidering getting the Kinetix Plenum (plastic). Your thought on grounding to a diffrent point.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I really think moving to another grounding point is unnecessary. The bolt head, connector and the bolt itself still have metal contact even with the plastic plenum.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ujmot-

do you have an as-installed pic of your final wiring??

after my dealer visit tomorrow (window out-of-phase) i plan to do the install.....

hopefully , this weekend i will have time to complete it, and begin my analysis.....

i plan to be 100% frank about it..... if its jewelry junk, i shall anounce it as such.....

if its good (even marginal) i will be very descriptive of that as well....

overall, i will be unbiased

for starters, the wires themselves are excellent.... the ends are well made and shrinked tightly too....

more soon, i promise

Attachments

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PROTOTYPE INSTALLED........

JOB DONE

i have made my final fitting of the prototype earthing kit....

the original measurements went very well, however, i would like to change three lengths, IF we go forward..... (one needs to be 2 inches shorter, and one needs to be three inches longer, and one needs a bigger eyelet )

all in all, i think i have found VERY stout grounding points. also, i was able to utilize two of the oem grounds, and the battery negative, further enforcing their effect (i hope)

the rear (underbelly, chassis to muffler flange) ground goes from a 10mm nut (chassis) to a 14mm nut (flange), needing an eyelet of about ¼" bigger diameter to fit onto the flange bolt....

that aside i will drive and make observations....

gone for now - time to see what's up!

SMS

1 - 20 of 55 Posts