Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
What exactly does the grounding kit do? I read before it is mainly for those who have aftermarket professional stereo system to achieve better stability. Is there any real hp gain like those auctions said?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did you notice in that article it said:

"The key is to experiment with different grounding locations until the optimum result is reached."

I read similar reports in other rags that said that you could actually make less power if grounded in the wrong locations. So without a Dyno to tune it/find the right locations, how would you know?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
InSaNeAmine: Welcome to the board and thank you very much for sending me the kit! I will try to install them tonight or by latest tomorow before my snowboard trip this wknd. Looking foward to giving you a full review. :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
step two of the process is underway!!

step one:: analyze mounting points and confirm with GUY

step two:: make measurements and mock wires to determine correct length (with some sag allowed)

step three:: install the prototype set (which may in fact be the final set)

step four:: make available to all FXORG members at a discounted rate...

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I noticed that there were connection to the upper intake plenum. I am concidering getting the Kinetix Plenum (plastic). Your thought on grounding to a diffrent point.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I really think moving to another grounding point is unnecessary. The bolt head, connector and the bolt itself still have metal contact even with the plastic plenum.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ujmot-

do you have an as-installed pic of your final wiring??

after my dealer visit tomorrow (window out-of-phase) i plan to do the install.....

hopefully , this weekend i will have time to complete it, and begin my analysis.....

i plan to be 100% frank about it..... if its jewelry junk, i shall anounce it as such.....

if its good (even marginal) i will be very descriptive of that as well....

overall, i will be unbiased

for starters, the wires themselves are excellent.... the ends are well made and shrinked tightly too....

more soon, i promise

Attachments

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PROTOTYPE INSTALLED........

JOB DONE

i have made my final fitting of the prototype earthing kit....

the original measurements went very well, however, i would like to change three lengths, IF we go forward..... (one needs to be 2 inches shorter, and one needs to be three inches longer, and one needs a bigger eyelet )

all in all, i think i have found VERY stout grounding points. also, i was able to utilize two of the oem grounds, and the battery negative, further enforcing their effect (i hope)

the rear (underbelly, chassis to muffler flange) ground goes from a 10mm nut (chassis) to a 14mm nut (flange), needing an eyelet of about ¼" bigger diameter to fit onto the flange bolt....

that aside i will drive and make observations....

gone for now - time to see what's up!

SMS

1 - 20 of 55 Posts