Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if you can put the TPMS system in relearn mode? I know it can be done in earlier models. Any ideas?

·
Registered
187 Posts
topchofx said:
Does anybody know if you can put the TPMS system in relearn mode? I know it can be done in earlier models. Any ideas?
Step 1: Set the tires to the following pressures, they have to be exact:
Tire position Tire pressure kPa (kg/cm2, psi)
Front LH 240 (2.4, 34)
Front RH 220 (2.2, 31)
Rear RH 200 (2.0, 29)
Rear LH 180 (1.8, 26)

Step 2: Locate the TPMS interface plug. This is a white female plug that is attached to the OBD II wire loom under the dash right about where your left
knee would be when sitting in the driver's seat. You may have to cut the tape that is holding the TPMS interface plug to the OBD II wire loom.
Step 3: Attach a paper clip or wire into the interface plug.
Step 4: Put your key in the ignition and turn it to the last click before the engine starts. This is the KOEO position (Key On, Engine Off).
Step 5: Tap the end of the paper clip (the end NOT in the interface plug, duh!) on any exposed ground (metal) 6 times.
Step 6: If you completed step 5 then the TPMS warning light will start to slowly flash and you have activated the TPMS relearn process. If it flashes
fast that's not right. If yours isn't flashing slowly then check your connections, turn the ignition off and start over at step 4.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but my issue is I am not able to put the car into the relearn mode. I tried all possible holes, different grounds points- nothing. So I am wondering if this procedure works on the 2nd gen specifically.

·
Registered
187 Posts
topchofx said:
Thanks but my issue is I am not able to put the car into the relearn mode. I tried all possible holes, different grounds points- nothing. So I am wondering if this procedure works on the 2nd gen specifically.
Discount tires can reset your TPMSs for free if you have a Discount tire store around where you live.
Did you have good connection:?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know what my problem is. I have tried so many times. My light blinks 0.5 on, 0.5 sec off for 60 sec, then it stays on. I am just trying to enroll new sensors. I'm in NYS so no Discount tire for me.

·
Registered
187 Posts
you need to read the ids of the old tpms sensors but need the tool as none of the TPMS sensors are not activated. see the diagnostic chart i posted

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not sure I understand. Why do I need the IDs of the old sensors. I can activate he new sensors but I don't seem to be able to is put the car in relearn mode.

·
Registered
187 Posts
ok, you need to follow:
Step 1: Set the tires to the following pressures, they have to be exact:
Tire position Tire pressure kPa (kg/cm2, psi)
Front LH 240 (2.4, 34)
Front RH 220 (2.2, 31)
Rear RH 200 (2.0, 29)
Rear LH 180 (1.8, 26)

Step 2: Locate the TPMS interface plug. This is a white female plug that is attached to the OBD II wire loom under the dash right about where your left
knee would be when sitting in the driver's seat. You may have to cut the tape that is holding the TPMS interface plug to the OBD II wire loom.
Step 4: Put your key in the ignition and turn it to the last click before the engine starts. This is the KOEO position (Key On, Engine Off).
Step 5: Tap the end of the paper clip (the end NOT in the interface plug, duh!) on any exposed ground (metal) 6 times.
Step 6: If you completed step 5 then the TPMS warning light will start to slowly flash and you have activated the TPMS relearn process. If it flashes
fast that's not right. If yours isn't flashing slowly then check your connections, turn the ignition off and start over at step 4.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah.. I know. This is exactly what I am doing. However, step 5-6 is not working for me. Hence my question- can somebody confirm that this procedure works on FX2009+.

·
Registered
187 Posts
topchofx said:
Yeah.. I know. This is exactly what I am doing. However, step 5-6 is not working for me. Hence my question- can somebody confirm that this procedure works on FX2009+.
Code:
[color=#FF0000]Are you sure you got step 2 & 3?[/color]
Step 2: Locate the TPMS interface plug. This is a white female plug that is attached to the OBD II wire loom under the dash right about where your left knee would be when sitting in the driver's seat. You may have to cut the tape that is holding the TPMS interface plug to the OBD II wire loom.

·
Registered
136 Posts
are these instructions actually for 2nd gen? at a glance I couldn't see a second port near the OBDII port, but there IS a 4 pin connector bolted into a dash panel to the right of the obdII port (nearer to the tunnel)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm having the same issue. I'm sick of paying to get this done every winter/summer but i can't locate that white tpms connector anywhere. I have a 4 pin connector bolted right next to my OBDII port as well but i have no idea what it is for and i don't want to go grounding things out until i know what it does. I can't find information on this anywhere for late model FX35's. Mine is a 2012. Please help !!

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
If you have a COSTCO membership, you can probably get them to reset it for you for free...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah the whole point here was to be able to do this myself with out driving around and begging people to help me for free. After another couple hours of research i'm convinced there is no back door way to do this on the 2nd gens. I therefore purchased an Autel TS501 yesterday and I'll keep everyone posted on how it works. If you don't know your sensor ID's you can't get away with getting the cheaper models of these and you have to have one that hooks into the OBD port. the TS501 seems to be the only good choice without having to buy two separate units.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So if anyone cares I used this TS501 last night and it is an amazing tool. I was able to relearn the TPMS system for my winter tires in about 5 minutes and that is only because i have never used it before. It will probably take me 1 minute next time. You enter a menu where you walk around the car and it scans each sensor, then you plug it into the OBD, hit a few buttons, and you are done. This is a great tool super happy with the purchase. If you have someone that can do it for free great but I'm happy i can just get it done on my own now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts