Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am gonna be getting 22x9.5 wheels with a 35 offset front and back. how will the stance be compared to stock? will it have the same look as stock or will the wheels be more pushed out or more tucked under the fender?
i dont know the stock offset and width or i could try and figure it out....

any help would be awesome, thanks guys and gals..... :)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
man i love your grille and the 22's really fill up those wheel wells nicely :)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I got the grille painted a while back because I was going to install the SS grille over it, but it did not look too good so I decided to leave it black, but now alot of people in Taiwan are doing the same thing.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I love my new brakes, stops on a dime. Much more control when braking at high speeds.

Jim

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Jim, your Grill looks sweet! You used a flat black paint on it, correct?
Very tempting...it may start a trend here in the States.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Very nice Jim,not good on a Black car,but works for most colors

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Yeah I did see one guy painted on black, didnt like it made the whole car too much black.

Jim

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Robby said:
i am gonna be getting 22x9.5 wheels with a 35 offset front and back. how will the stance be compared to stock? will it have the same look as stock or will the wheels be more pushed out or more tucked under the fender?
i dont know the stock offset and width or i could try and figure it out....

any help would be awesome, thanks guys and gals..... :)
If our stock has 40mm offset then your 9.5" rims with 35mm offset will be pushed out 2.405cm more than our stock, that's a close to 1 inch.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Its not likely you will get a reply on a thread that is over a decade old.
NOT NECESSARILY!

People have used 285/35/22 on 9-10 inch wide wheels.

I used 295/45/20 on 10 inch wide wheels on my 2006 FX45

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Bearaka, I've found this tool helpful in the past:

wheel-size.com/calc/?wheel1=265-60-18X8ET40&wheel2=295-65-17X9ET30&fcl=2in&wcl=1.25in&scl=2in&sr=0in

It will help you figure out how close/far you are from the OEM setup.
I've preloaded OEM 18" for a 2013 FX37 and what I'm thinking of getting for your reference.

I should also mention that I turned my steering wheel to full lock this morning and I could fit my hand/forearm all the way around the tire with a little room to spare, so increase the width of the wheel and overall tire diameter by approximately an inch each, you should be ok with the right offset. I think ETin the range of 30-35 should work...

Again, I confirmed it with my arms and hands, but it's not exactly scientific. Not much I can do in the garage of my apartment with my dog pulling on his leash the whole time! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.