Infiniti FX Forum banner

22" vs 24" & 9.5" vs 10.5"

8K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Ken Lorenzo 
#1 ·
I like the looks of bigger rims like 24", buy how heavier are they in general than 22"s? on a FX45 are they gonna make my car noticeably slow?

same question for the width of 9.5" 10.5"

thanks

#4 ·
I also say go for the 22 x 9.5. Not very many people around here run 24's.......for a good reason: to fit 24s on the FX you have to run very low profile tires, and I can think of one member that had a bad experience with 24's and low pros --------> http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... &&start=25

Manjari said:
i %#@! up my rims :(
N2MURANOS said:
That was fast.
MAZZZUR said:
MAZZZUR said:
Great looking rims - but you'll kill them with those tires. :(
WOW .
10 days - $10K
Expensive but classy.

#8 ·
the 305/35/24 tires are too wide. I'm riding 295/30s...Anything larger than that...you'll have major rubbing issues...front and back. They make a 285/30 tire...i'd roll with those or the 295/30s...the 275 is waaaay too thin. You'll pop a tire and possibly crack your rim...OUCH!!

SanQ said:
thanks for info guys.

what if I put a 305/35/24 on? the profile is not too low right?

#11 ·
I calculated as rookie said with 305/35/24, it will be 2" bigger than stock diameter wise. radius wise its only 1" bigger. so the tire will be 1" closer to the wheel well. would it be a problem?

deealexander22: is your rims 24"? if it is, then it's .5" bigger than stock radius wise. I can't go another .5" bigger?

if my plan 305/35/24 wont work. how about 305/35/22. will this be ok? it has same diameter as stock.

#12 ·
It's 1" radius all around like you said, full lock on turns for the inner portion of your front wheel wells is a concern.

Dr.2K and I run 305/35-22 on 22x10 wheels without issue. Offset will determine rubbing on the fender/wheel well trim. Pretty sure there's a 305/40-22 Fxer that posted he had issues doing full lock turns because his tires rubbed. Going shorter is generally a better route than going taller.

#14 ·
+35 should be fine but will require some modding of the rear well wells since the tire is the same size as oem and you get a decent sidewall bulge. You can go to 295/35-22 and have less sidewall bulge, only problem with that tire size is I recall only 1 tire to choose from and it is expensive.

The Pirelli 305/35-22 is a great all around tire.

#20 ·
rookie said:
It's 1" radius all around like you said, full lock on turns for the inner portion of your front wheel wells is a concern.

Dr.2K and I run 305/35-22 on 22x10 wheels without issue. Offset will determine rubbing on the fender/wheel well trim. Pretty sure there's a 305/40-22 Fxer that posted he had issues doing full lock turns because his tires rubbed. Going shorter is generally a better route than going taller.
Yes, everything rookie just said :D I ditto it and give my stamp of approval :p :lol: .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.