Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still driving my 2006 FX35 with 153k miles for the last 12 years. I'm now seriously looking for something new to park in my garage. I've been looking at a few crossovers from Audi, Lexus, amongst others. Then I saw the unveiling of the new 2019 Infiniti QX50 on November 28th. I started drooling instantly. I think I might just have to get it when it becomes available in spring of 2018 (probably May or June). I think I'd like the Variable Compression engine, but not too sure about the CVT. I like everything else about it. What do you guys think? https://www.infinitiusa.com/crossover/2019-qx50/

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Bleh...

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Hi GA. Good to see you're still driving that FX. 153K miles is not bad but you could drive it for a while longer. Any problems with it?

As for the newer Infiniti offerings, including the QX50, I'm not a big fan. I just don't think they offer a sport driving experience like my FX does. There's a lot of tech in these vehicles but I'm not really interested in any of that either.

Now an Alfa Romeo Stelvio would peak my interest. Only if my reliability concerns for AR were eased though.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I also was looking at AR. But they don't really have a reputation for reliability. However, I think Car and Driver named AR as one of the top 10 cars for 2017. Even they said that the only thing is there's no long term data for the 2 new models. I also thought about Jaguar F-Pace. Not sure I can afford it. Even Porsche Megan would be nice. But I'm getting old. Even though I still drive very aggressively, I think I'd like to have more pleasant ride in my old age. I've been driving the FX for 12 years now. I think it's time for a change of scene. Not much is wrong with my FX. It's still going strong. The only major problem is the steering wheel bearing, some of the steering wheel controls won't work unless cranked all the way to the left or all the way to the right. The video input mod that I did is not working anymore as one of my passengers leaked soda all over the center console and fried the Pac AAI-NIS2 module. It took me a while to install it in the first place. I don't think I'll go in again to fix it. I don't know, I might before I sell it. The nice thing is that I still have the seat covers on, so the seats are in perfect condition. Had the passenger front wheel bearing replace just a few months ago. So it'll be a good car for some one else when I do go for a new car. I really can't afford a Porsche or Jaguar, unless I win the lottery. The Jaguar F-Pace is really nice. I sat in one at the Seattle Auto Show. But the seat is very stiff. I can't see myself sitting in it for a long drive. The interior is very nice, otherwise. I also looked at the Land Rover Range Rover line. The interior was just ok to me. So I can't wait for the Infiniti QX50 to come out so I can get into it to try it out to see if I'll like it. At the meantime, I can only drool..,.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Old thread, I know. But I’m looking. I have a 2008 FX35 with 197k on it. About a year ago, I bought a 2014 QX50for my GF. She loves it. I hate it. Compared to my FX it feels cheap. I realize it’s smaller, so it will be lighter. And it drives ok. But everything from the doors to the controls feels, well, just less solid. So all this talk about the “new” QX50 doesn’t excite me at all. Is it really a new model or is it still a smaller vehicle? As a true replacement for the FX, should I be considering the QX60? Gotta say, the front runner for me right now is a 2016 or later Lexus RX350 (or 450). But if there was a viable Infiniti alternative, I’d love to know. I really enjoy my FX!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts