Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I鈥檝e never owned such a nice vehicle (馃槏) but I鈥檝e found a problem I鈥檓 not sure how to fix. Played my first CD in my car and it wouldn鈥檛 eject. Did a quick Google search and held button for 30 seconds-nothing then 60 seconds-nothing. You can hear it trying, but no CD. Then I used another CD to wiggle in there until it FINALLY came out. I鈥檝e read to disconnect battery to reset it, but I鈥檓 also seeing this is a common issue. Any more insight other than what I know thus far?

Premium Member
I didn't think it was as prevalent on the second gen but the 1st gen had a common problem with the CD failing in this way. Mine failed after 8 or so years and under 100K KM. the only solution that I am aware of is to send the head unit in to a repair facility. There is a company out of California that specializes in Bose head unit repairs. My understanding is they run $3-$400 to repair. I forget the name of the company but a quick google search for Bose head unit repair should find them

Registered
Mine went after 2 yrs. Best option is to get a bluetooth instead. Works much better connected it to the sat button because I do not use the satilte radio. They also have a wireless unit that plugs into the cigarette lighter in my center console

1 - 3 of 3 Posts