Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 fx50s and been chasing misdfire codes sense I got it. Has been at the Infiniti dealer they changed two vvt solenoids but were not throwing codes for them. Then they told me it might be a timing chain issue and couldn't guarantee it would fix the issue. Could someone shed some light onto this or may have had this issue. Also can someone tell me the firing order and where the location is starting from the front to back. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not the same engine, but have a read through this

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the same engine, but have a read through this

Perfect thanks man. I'm dropping it off at infiniti today to get the timing done through warranty. I'm also going to ask if the cam phasers also get changed or would be checked to make sure they are not off a couple degrees like those. I'm now throwing a code for p0084 ( P0084 Infiniti Exhaust Valve Timing Control Magnet Retarder Circuit Bank 2) same side the vvt solenoids were changed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm at sea rite now going to get a second opinion the warranty company won't pay for it unless it will fix it 100%. So they are going to replace the chains or replace the motor I won't know until the 18th when i get the second opinion

·
Registered
111 Posts
I didn't know you were in the Navy. I served 35+ years with the Canadian Army and RCAF, retired six years ago.

Hopefully you get some good news with the FX50s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts