Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My FX50 is displaying the VDC, IBA OFF, RAS indictors. The car seems to drive fine and don't notice anything but usually at some point during a 20 minute drive I get the chime and these three indicators come on the dash. The owners manual indicates that these Indicators mean the following.

VDC - Vehicle Dynamic Control is Off due to a malfunction
IBA OFF - Intelligent Brake Assist is Off
RAS - Rear Assist Steering malfunction

This has been going on consistently for a couple of weeks.

thanks!
Rob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The code scan shows a P0725:

NAME: Engine Speed Input Circuit:
REASON: TCM does not receive the CAN communication signal from the ECM.
POSSIBLE CAUSE: Harness or connectors (ECM to TCM circuit is open or shorted.)

The end of the diagnosis procedures says Transmission Control Module (TCM) is malfunctioning. This is located inside the transmission attached to the Control Valve assembly. To bad I can't just buy the TCM - you have to buy the Control Valve assembly with it - $1500 for the parts...Dealer says $750 for the labor. Only hope is that the problem is the wiring/connectors going to or from the TCM. I'll have the shop take a look at it tomorrow but am expecting they say the $1500 part needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took it to the shop. They are saying the brake computer is broken (calling it the ABS actuator/pump or computer). Quote is that the computer is $2000 and install and brake fluid flush is a couple of hundred.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts