Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the trigger and made the purchase. The car is being shipped to me this weekend. It has 79,600 miles and I bought it for $17,000. I had a few questions for the community:

1. Do you feel if this was a good or bad price?
2. How easy or difficult is it to install paddle shifters?
3. What other low level upgrade recommendations do you all have for this vehicle?
4. I had the option to purchase a Sport version with 72k miles but it was 6k more expensive. Did I make the right choice?

· Registered
2013 FX50S
15 Posts
Congratulations! I can't answer all of your questions, but as soon as you drive it, you'll have your answer to #4.
As for upgrades, I can only attest to the Borla Cat-Back exhaust. I love the sound. My wife hates it. (That makes it even better!) There are YouTube videos of that exhaust as well.
Enjoy your new ride.

· Premium Member
1,823 Posts
I am surprised that the 50 doesn't automatically have paddle shifters. I have never heard of somebody installing them after the fact. It may be similar to what has been done on the FX35. I think there is a thread around here about installing these but it may be over at InfinitiScene. Do a search here and over there for "paddle shifter install" and you will likely find it.

I'm sure there are lots of suspension mods that you can do but I am not aware of very many mods available for the FX50 engine. There are a few for the old FX37 and for the older FX35 but they were mainly available because the engine was shared between the FX, G and Z.

As far as price, I really don't know.

· Registered
2 Posts
I pulled the trigger and made the purchase. The car is being shipped to me this weekend. It has 79,600 miles and I bought it for $17,000. I had a few questions for the community:

1. Do you feel if this was a good or bad price?
2. How easy or difficult is it to install paddle shifters?
3. What other low level upgrade recommendations do you all have for this vehicle?
4. I had the option to purchase a Sport version with 72k miles but it was 6k more expensive. Did I make the right choice?
Hi Brian. Congrats on your purchase. I drove a 2009 FX35 AWD for several years and now drive a 2013 FX50S. Love them. The only maintenance issues I had were the radiators leaking on both at 101,000 miles requiring replacement, and the starter going out on the FX50S at 102,000. Other than that, they have been extremely reliable. I've attached the specs info for the 2012 model year so you can see what you have. The specs didn't change much from year to year, so these should be fairly accurate to yours. Enjoy your new ride.
Alan

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts