Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Group I have a problem that I hope you guys have seen and fixed,

Our 2011 FX35 "Shudders" or "Stutters" when turning tight corners at low speed. It almost feels like my old 4x4 suv when I tried to make tight turns while 4x4 was full engaged....

It doesn't shudder when the car is cold, only does it when car and tranny is warmed up after 15/20 min......then If I let it sit for hour or so, it can make the tight turns without shuddering again?>?>?>?>?>?

Weird, going straight and reverse is fine even at high speed.........Only the tight turning forward and reverse at very slow speeds.....

Have you guys seen this and repaired the issue ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
This sounds like a CV axle problem. Does the problem happen when turning both left and right, or just in one direction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This sounds like a CV axle problem. Does the problem happen when turning both left and right, or just in one direction.
It shudders during tight turns left and right ; same issue forward and reverse.
Doesn’t happen when car is “cold” turns without issue no shuddering.
Only after 20/30 min of driving if we try and make tight turn it shudders.

wide turns and straight driving , No shuddering.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Could be an issue with the fluid level in the transmission and/or the differentials or possibly the transfer case. How many miles are on the FX, and have the fluids ever been changed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be an issue with the fluid level in the transmission and/or the differentials or possibly the transfer case. How many miles are on the FX, and have the fluids ever been changed?
It has resolved itself on its own ??? I don’t know what happened. Maybe tired skipped and was throwing awd out of rotation sync??? I don’t know. Will see if returns. Thanks for responding to my inquiry. Nobody else did ! Lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts