Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Folks- newbie here.

Wife drives the '10 FX35 daily, which now has a minor oil & coolant leak. Dealership identified oil leak from the oil cooler O-ring ($212) & valve cover/head gasket ($1598.00) repair/replace each. Next price [$290.00] is for the spark plug replacement, if done at same time as valve covers. $360 to replace rear brake pads.

Are these fair prices? Should I consider a non-dealer shop for any or all of these repairs?

Also- should I also look to replace all the belts and hoses at this point? FX has 98k miles.

Thanks for your replies...and good driving to you!

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
take it to an independent shop. Especially if you can find one that does a lot of G35 or 350Z work. The engines are the same for this kind of repair. Even a Nissan dealership will be cheaper. You can save 3/4 of that by doing it yourself if you are so inclined. None of these repairs are particularly difficult.

What did they say about the coolant leak?

For preventative maintenance you could change the belts as they are likely worn given your mileage.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just replaced the rear rotors and brakes on my 2007 FX35 on Nov 20, 2020. Total time from getting all of the tools out of the cabinets to putting them all back was 3 hours. The total cost for 2 painted rotors from Advance Auto was $135 and the rear brake pads from the Auto Zone Duralast Elite line were $48. I did not need any new calipers or the mounting bracket where the pins slide. I also did not replace the packing brake shoes or hardware. Needing those parts would probably triple the price in parts.

So the consumer price for brakes and rotors for the rear for a 2007 FX35 from a chain store totals to $183. I have no doubt that genuine Infiniti parts would be more expensive and then you have the cost of the labor to install them.

If you only need the rear brake pads replaced, the labor time might be only about 1 to 1.5 hours and $48 in parts.

As "ILOVEMYFX" said, if you are not inclined to do any of these repairs yourself, seek out a reputable independent shop and develop a relationship with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts