Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed front and rear dashcams? I'm trying to hardwire install the Thinkware Q800PRO front and rear dashcams and have looked everywhere for photos or videos of the install... but haven't found any. I'm trying to find out how to 1) Remove the front/side dash trim to route the wire into the fuse box, and 2) best route the cable for the rear camera.

For the rear camera mount, I've come across youtube videos of other hatch backs where the wire is routed through the factory rubber grommet at the door hinge and behind the panel trim that can be removed. I was looking to do the same but I don't think the upper panel trim can be removed. Only thing I see is the long rectangular tab that can be removed to access the factory wires and wiper fluid hose. Can the upper panel trim be removed? or is it glued on?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bad news is I had mine installed from car toys, so I can’t give advice on routing etc... but you pick an awesome dash cam set up. I have exact same. had mine for about a year and it works flawless. Love the WiFi connection Makes for an easy setup. Only thing I don’t like is the sensitivity for the incident lock recording feature. Anyhard bump sets of the beep which annoys me, so I just turned it of. Other than that is a great set up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
They only charged me $150 for the front rear install. Well worth it for me I don’t want to tear that stuff apart and wreck something and have to replace parts. I’d do the same if I was you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already started the project... Can you let me know if your rear camera is mounted on the glass or the plastic panel at the top, and if the wire for it is coming out of the headliner? After looking into a little further, it seems the upper section of the plastic trim is glued onto the door... and only the lower plastic trim can be removed. So I'm going to route the wire through the small rectangular cover right above the window and put a little notch in it so the wire can come out of it.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Do you have a picture of you install and how did it go?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wasn't hard at all... Attaching a link to the video of my process. I looked everywhere for how to videos for the car but didn't find any ... so I created one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts