Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 97,000 miles on her I took it to a local exhaust Shop which i use every time to add exhaust systems to my vehicles or to resolve issues like this.

I recently had them add the Invidia Catback system to my wife's FX35. Also had them check out the rattle noise coming from both cats I'm 50% sure its the shield but what im being told is the pre-cats have broken loose inside but the actual cat (big part) is fine.

Would it be suggested to first have them cut off the shields and see if that helps? I was also wanting to know if these are a good pair or Catalytic Converters? see attached thumbnail its from Rockauto.com

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
The shields are ALWAYS the first parts to go... Either cut them off or clamp them on... Your choice... I prefer cutting them off, as you'll eventually have to once the clamps start to fail...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi
In the converters there is a "stone" like material (exhaust converting material) that can get loose in the housing that will cause a vibration i am told.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello has anyone tried the catalytic converters from rock auto or know of their quality? Yes Case Holland the converting material has detached form the inside of both converters and need to be replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts