Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I got my 2009 FX50S with technology package about three weeks ago, and I love it. (I had Infiniti G20 for many years, then bought a C230, and I am back to Infiniti). Platinum Graphite with Wheat interior is awesome.

I have one quick question... as delivered by the dealer, the tires (21 inch) were inflated to 40 psi as reported by TPMS. I tried to find the recommended pressure on the inside of the doors, by the gas cap, and I couldn't find it. The manual claims that it should be 33 psi.

What should be the correct pressure in each of the tires?

Thanks for your help,
Mohan

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Should be "cold" temp of 33 psi. Once you start driving, you will note the pressure goes up 2 - 3 psi depending on outside temp, speed etc. Some guys like a higher psi for handling and fuel savings, others like it a bit lower for softer ride. You can't go too wrong keeping your cold temp failry close to the 33. Enjoy the new car! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply.

The cold pressure (as reported by TPMS) is 40psi... after I drive for a while (as you suggested) it climbs up to 43-44 psi. Assuming TPMS is reporting correctly, I should deflate the tires.... seems like.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I Run my 50S @35psi, easy to remember,haha. BTW i have graphite on wheat as well. Not a single problem with car since delivery in June.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Waaaay up, in Canada :)

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Dealers usually overinflate the tires. Drop them down.

·
Registered
551 Posts
i should add my dealer through in the N2 fill option. Tire stems have a little green cap on them that says N2. Also provides some rim warranty for what thats worth. i do like the idea of consistant tire pressure year round.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
I run my tires a little high, but 40+ seems a bit TOO high... drop it to around 35 cold...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow... thanks for all the responses... I will get the pressure to something reasonable, 33-35.

What else do I need to look out for on this new car? I love all the gadgets (and the appropriate acronyms) and raw power. But I thought it is ridiculous how the system turns off many things (with no good reason) on the interface once the car starts moving. My favorite example is, it blanks out phone numbers in a call log while keeping the time and day when the call was made.

The dealer has promised me, when the original DVD Player for the kids is available through parts, he will install it for me... should I go that route or should I look for alternative DVD players?

Any suggestions for me are greatly appreciated.

-- Mohan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts