Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time here, but my mom's 09 FX50 has the passenger seatbelt folded beyond belief. I tried everything I saw on the internet but nothing worked. If you have the same problem or a fix please reach out. Thx bye

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Like DenisMcG said a visual Would be awesome. Please post a picture. And don't get it twisted ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ve a 12’ FX50S and had the same issue with the drivers side. Options are tearing the side apart and replacing entire belt and mechanisms. Cutting a thin portion of the plastic ‘tongue’ with a dremel to let it roll more smoothly, or adding thin felt (gluing a very small VERY thin piece in place) and filling in all the way to the edges on each side so it won’t have room to fold over. I had to take a hammer/rubber mallet and a thin flathead screwdriver and tap folded belt over flat again... unsticking it. Took a bit of time but will work and I’m now a bit more conscious of looking before pulling at the belt if I feel ANY resistance when I pull it down (the harder/faster you pull... the more easily and firmly it gets stuck). It’s happened twice in the years I’ve had it. Dealer originally told me it’s my fault and my problem but that turned out to be a lie. I’ve yet to replace or cut the tongue because I’ve fixed it both times but once more and I think that’ll change my perspective. Good luck!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts