Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
OK, I thought about it some more. The problem is you are using the audio from sound clips with absolutely no knowledge if the person who made the recordings knew what they were doing, of how the clips were recorded, if they did the recording the exact same way both times, the microphone placement, microphone quality, location or settings used when the recordings were made. The sound clips are essentially random recordings. You can't go by them at all.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
StuLax18 said:
I knew I wanted an fx when I heard one drive by outside one day :)
Same here, the first time I saw the FX was when I turned around to hear what was making that beautiful exhaust noise. I don't like quiet, I like the Infiniti exhaust sound a lot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Guys to tell you the truth my 09 fx35 sounds just great! The sound is always there... My wife told me that if she is in the backyard she can hear me coming from a distance!!!

Even some friends of ours thought that I modified the exhaust! The sound is there! Believe me! My other weekend warrior is a evo ix with a gt3065, catless 3" exhaust with an 125mm tip!!!

What I like the most or the fx is that it almost backfires when you rev the engine in neutral! I will try and make a small video of it...

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Being a muscle car guy I like to hear a nice low tone rumble. On the Vette we run B&B's which give a great sound all the time. On the Harley I run Kerkers with pass a truck baffles which has that low thumb only a HD can have. Our 09 FX35 is quite for the most part, I've been told when you kick them hard at higher speeds they have a nice rumble. I call it my AWD large sports car.
Bill :mrgreen:

·
Registered
334 Posts
patrick_b said:
The exhaust note on the 08 FX35 I bought was one of the biggest selling points for me. It sounded so **** nice. I'm sure it's the same on all 1st gen FX's.

Now whenever I'm in a parking garage, I leave it in 1st gear and blip the throttle on the straights just to hear the echo :D .

When I need a new exhaust, I'm thinking of the HKS system. I sounds great too.
... and I thought I was the only one who did that too.....lol.... :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
The juxtaposition here is that the owners love the trademark growl of the 1gen and would like it to the extent to be present on the 2nd gen, however, a more quiet and sound dampening interior is preferred for known reasons. Go figure.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think interior is better isolated from outside because I also thought I can't hear anything from the exhaust until I parked, opened the door and stepped on it. Sounded pretty mean and close to my old 05

·
Registered
89 Posts
wow, they got rid of the sound?? that's one of the biggest selling points (to me) of my 05/fx35. without that sound its just another hamster in a wheel. i plan on keeping mine for probably 5 more years, so i hope they bring the sound back by then, otherwise i'm not even visiting the dealer.

i'm referring to hearing the sound when passing through an echo friendly area WITH the windows down. when they're up i rarely hear the sound, or listen for it. but love giving it a little tap when the windows are down.

might have to buy an overpriced dealer muffler just to make sure i keep the sound, if/when i need to replace the stock muffler.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had my whole muffler system removed for a month.... the natural sound of my 09 FX35 came out... Wow! i was talking on my in-car bluetooth and my friend asked if i was driving a Ferrari! haha but it only sounded good when the car was warmed up... on a cold start it was just extremely loud and annoying! had to put my OEM mufflers back on and I'm still in search of an after market muffler that fits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, the 1st gen. fx's ehaust note is classic, definately throatier and deeper than the new ones, the 2nd gen. fx is good money, dont get me wrong ,but the exhaust note on the old ones are one of the the things that made the fx an "FX"! ::? ::

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had an 03 and I miss that sound! Like you, I love the 09 but there was just something about that sound that lit me up like a little girl! Just my .02, sorry I can't help with all the "manly" stuff :oops:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts