Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've owned a 2009 FX35 AWD (97,000 miles currently) for 2 years. About 6 months ago I started noticing some minor "shuddering" when I turn (both directions) sometimes it makes a howling noise (best description I can think of, not loud but it's there...) Any ideas? I'm not a mechanical guy at all so I have no idea. The place I take it for maintenance suggested I just take it to the dealer. I think they thought I'd get a better diagnoses there.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi
I've owned a 2009 FX35 AWD (97,000 miles currently) for 2 years. About 6 months ago I started noticing some minor "shuddering" when I turn (both directions) sometimes it makes a howling noise (best description I can think of, not loud but it's there...) Any ideas? I'm not a mechanical guy at all so I have no idea. The place I take it for maintenance suggested I just take it to the dealer. I think they thought I'd get a better diagnoses there.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks
Sounds like to me you might have a wheel bearing going bad.Its pretty common at your mileage and I have found they wear out quicker if you drive where the roads are rough.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Wheel bearings can make a "howling" or "grumbling" noise that sounds like your tires are getting noisy or you have heavy duty snow tires on. At least that is what I found each time a wheel bearing went out. If it increases turning right it's usually the left front and if it increases turning left it's usually the right side. Mine went out one at a time starting at about 70K Km. I think they tend to go out faster depending on how hard you drive. I tend to hammer it for any highway turn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts