Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Infinity FX35 with cold starting issues. Every morning the car doesn't want to start, takes several times of cranking on it to get it started. When it does finally start it has RPM variance for a few seconds. The car runs great the rest of the day. I've had it to three different name brand shops and they can't find out what the problem is even though it does the same thing to them. Got any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Could be a bad fuel pump. Try leaving the key in Run for a few seconds before starting it.

Otherwise, I'd think bad fuel, bad fuel filter, and after that I'd start worrying about sensors

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I have a 2007 Infinity FX35 with cold starting issues. Every morning the car doesn't want to start, takes several times of cranking on it to get it started. When it does finally start it has RPM variance for a few seconds. The car runs great the rest of the day. I've had it to three different name brand shops and they can't find out what the problem is even though it does the same thing to them. Got any ideas?
Did you figure it out? I haven't had this issue, but would like to know what it was, so maybe if one day I have this issue, it may help me or others.

My FX45 is a 2003 , it's up their and Age. Although I only have 74k miles on it, Parts sometimes go out with age and not used time :eek:/

Thanks for your reply. Hope you worked it out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not saying this is your issue, but I did have a similar problem several years ago. Car would start but have very rough idle, almost sounded like a hot rod. My problem was a low battery caused by some electrical component, I think it was called AC Amplifier in the HVAC system (I know, really strange)...the box sits under or on top of the radio if I remember right. It was easy to fix myself but the part was not cheap. If you've checked all the normal things like battery, throttle body, MAF sensor and so on, it could be the amp. Google on this site 'rough idle'.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you figure it out? I haven't had this issue, but would like to know what it was, so maybe if one day I have this issue, it may help me or others.

My FX45 is a 2003 , it's up their and Age. Although I only have 74k miles on it, Parts sometimes go out with age and not used time :eek:/

Thanks for your reply. Hope you worked it out.
It was the HVAC Amplifier! Was $760.00 for part alone at Infinity dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could be a bad fuel pump. Try leaving the key in Run for a few seconds before starting it.

Otherwise, I'd think bad fuel, bad fuel filter, and after that I'd start worrying about sensors

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not saying this is your issue, but I did have a similar problem several years ago. Car would start but have very rough idle, almost sounded like a hot rod. My problem was a low battery caused by some electrical component, I think it was called AC Amplifier in the HVAC system (I know, really strange)...the box sits under or on top of the radio if I remember right. It was easy to fix myself but the part was not cheap. If you've checked all the normal things like battery, throttle body, MAF sensor and so on, it could be the amp. Google on this site 'rough idle'.

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts