Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen the problem that when you turn on your air conditioner after three or four minutes or two or three miles it burns up a car? Please reply I burn up about 12 coils and it happens every time I turn on the air conditioner.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can almost guarantee that the problem is with either the ground strap between the engine and the body/chassis or the negative battery terminal to body connection. Sand the paint off under each of those connections and make sure the cables are solid and not corroded below the insulation and reattach them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here is my two cents.Every vehicle I own gets additional ground straps from battery to engine and engine to unibody.I also add 2/0 welding cables from 12v+ to starter and alternator from battery.Every vehicle I have done this tend to see better fuel economy and less head aches with electrical glitches.Here is what I have found out with both my 04 fx35 and my 03 fx45.They are also prone to water vapor condensation on the internal spark plugs tubes until the motor warms up and the moisture evaporates through the small holes in the coil extensions.This also complicates when you start having real issues with Miss fires that tend to go away after the engine warms up.Or misfires that tend to jump from one bank to the the other.I have found that when changing spark plugs,if you add an additional small hole you don't tend to have so many misfires when the engine is cold.My fx35 is the worst like almost all vq's I have worked on.It also helped when I put aluminum valves covers on it as well, but that's a different topic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts