Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 with 150,200 miles on it. In November 2018 the exhaust was replaced with a genuine Infiniti exhaust. One bracket could not be installed because some brackets were too badly rusted. The front support bracket that could not be attached is part number 20711-AF40A. If you look at an exploded view of the exhaust system parts, you will see this as Part #6 . Whatever brackets are on the cross frame or the engine that this bracket bolts onto are now totally gone and the old bracket fell off the car and onto the ground.

I will attempt to attach photos of the old bracket and the new bracket. I need to know where this bracket is supposed to attach. any photos of someone's underside of their 2007 FX35 with this bracket in place would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is this bracket supposed to be bolted to the heat shields for each catalytic converter? Neither converter has much of anything left if that is where this bracket belongs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been plowing through youtube videos. I found a video where the catalytic converters were removed from a 2010 G37. This car has the same front support bracket and it is supposed to be attached to the inboard side of each catalytic converter. Both of my converters have nothing left of these brackets. I have no idea if any "L" shaped bracket could be mig or big welded to my converters. I really do not want to have to spend like $700 each for two replacement converters.

Any suggestions? I'm guessing that there is going to be a lot of stress on the entire exhaust system and the exhaust manifolds if the system is allowed to just hang without using this support bracket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts