Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 13 years and 160,000+ miles, the transmission cooling lines are leaking on my 2007 FX35. I've searched several of the chain auto parts stores, Gwuinett Infiniti on-line parts search, and eBay. I can't find any OEM or aftermarket parts that fit a 2007. I found some used OEM lines for a 2003 but apparently they will not fit.

It appears that I can buy a roll of copper-nickel tubing to make my own but what do you do about the necessary fittings and if any portion of the lines are a flexible hose? I have not crawled under the car to follow the lines from end to end. I think that the front ends push into short sections of hose that go to the radiator. It's been about 6 years since the last tranny fluid flush and refill. My wife loves this car and I'll do whatever I can to keep it running - safely.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After 13 years and 160,000+ miles, the transmission cooling lines are leaking on my 2007 FX35. I've searched several of the chain auto parts stores, Gwuinett Infiniti on-line parts search, and eBay. I can't find any OEM or aftermarket parts that fit a 2007. I found some used OEM lines for a 2003 but apparently they will not fit.

It appears that I can buy a roll of copper-nickel tubing to make my own but what do you do about the necessary fittings and if any portion of the lines are a flexible hose? I have not crawled under the car to follow the lines from end to end. I think that the front ends push into short sections of hose that go to the radiator. It's been about 6 years since the last tranny fluid flush and refill. My wife loves this car and I'll do whatever I can to keep it running - safely.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
I found on my FX45 that the line has a O-Ring that goes bad at one connection point.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a set of lines from a 2003 FX35 that spent its entire life in Texas. The lines arrived and they look practically new compared to mine. Even the two spring clamps on the hoses near the front of the car look new. Mine rusted off about 4 years ago and I replaced them with stainless worm gear clamps! Now my problem will be trying to find the right size copper crush washers to seal these lines at the transmission. Each line has a "banjo" style connection (just like a brake hose going to a brake caliper), so I will need 4 copper crush washers. Is that what Jay Dean has described as "o-rings"? If that is correct, I really don't want to have to buy a 150 to 400 piece crush washer assortment to get 4 washers of the correct size. I'm going to search Infiniti Parts.com to see if I can get any for the 2nd generation FX since our 1st generation parts are becoming discontinued every day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You might be able to get some made at a place that makes custom hydraulic lines, as a last resort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts