Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www2.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=3512

"Rumor: Our Spies are telling us to look for a a fairly significant re-fresh of the FX-series Infiniti's.

We're told the front and rear fashia will be changed, a new navigation system interace with live traffic updates from the M45 will be included, a reconfigurated dashboard and a higher quality looking interior are just some of the highlights.

New packages will be offered as well and an 'AMG-like' version could show up.

More details as we get them..."

AMG-like version? Make you go hmmmmm....
8)

·
Registered
549 Posts
That's strange. It's Friday and I haven't received my Autospies subscription yet (usually Thursdays). Put me down for an "AMG-like" FX55+ with 400+HP and special interior. Thanks for the link!

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!? Are you saying I have to wait for an 06 FX now :lol: NOOOOO I can't take this anymore haha. This might officially kill all the 05 FX hype if true. Daaaaaaaaaaayum.

I hope it is stuff you can order later part by part because I'm 6 months away from an FX right now and I'm already having sleepless nights :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone know if it's possible to extend a lease by a few months? The reason I ask is my lease is up in September of 2005 on my VW Passat and I was planning on getting an '05 FX35 in August or September. If these rumors are true, I would obviously rather hold out until October/November for the refreshed 2006 model.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I just may have to buy another FX. lol

·
Registered
549 Posts
jwaters943:

Even though I bought my FX45, on a lease you would think that it's to the leasing company's benefit to extend a lease. Otherwise, the vehicle isn't in any customer's hands. You should be able to extend the lease at the same rates (their benefit) though the time period may have to be preset (i.e. not month-to-month). If I recall correctly, Lexus leasing proactively contacted my mother in regards to her 2000 RX300 a few months before the lease expiration date (in 2003) to ask her if she intended to extend the lease, trade-in or sell it. Contact your leasing company and ask.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’m sure the ’06 FX will be an impressive improvement over any previous FX, just as the ’05 improves upon its predecessors, but there’s no way I’m going to wait a full 1+ year from now.

In my situation, I don’t have an FX yet, so it’s better to get one than not have one at all. It’s like computers. Sure, next year’s processor is going to be faster, more advanced, and just all around superior, just as will the ’07, and then ’08, hmm, maybe the have not's should wait until 2020 to get an FX eh? Should be uber nice to the 10th power by then.

Ya right! Imagine not having a computer at all, there’s just no logical reason to wait another year. It made sense to wait a couple months for an ’05 FX, but that’s where my will power & patience runs out. My mind is made up. I’m definitely going to go with the sharp new Sheer Platinum ’05.

·
Registered
662 Posts
jwaters943 said:
Anyone know if it's possible to extend a lease by a few months? The reason I ask is my lease is up in September of 2005 on my VW Passat and I was planning on getting an '05 FX35 in August or September. If these rumors are true, I would obviously rather hold out until October/November for the refreshed 2006 model.
Sometimes you can extend the lease but I've seen some people do long term rent from the dealer also.

This " 06 rumor" sounds interesting but IMO Infiniti will not offer AMG like version since there is not enough sale volume. I'm curious to see how it would look like though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts