Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 fx35 with roughly 95,000 miles on it. About 70% of the time when I try to start it, it cranks but doesn’t fully start. It always starts on the 2nd or 3rd try. It has never not started.

The fuel pump was replaced but the problem is still happening.

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions or has experienced the same issue and was able to figure out the problem! Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
I would start by checking your battery and clean/tighten your terminals. If this doesn't solve the problem it may be your starter beginning to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If it sounds like the cranking noise of the engine is evenly distributed to its highs and low pitches, then your battery may not be the culprit.. I have a 2004 FX35 and it tends to start up and die out after cranking, especially after using the alarm to get back in the car.

Crank the car up (ignition turned all the way to start) and lightly apply a quarter of an inch pressure on the gas pedal. Don't let it go over 1,000 RPM if it does start up.. Turn the engine off and do it again.. Does it hold an idle?..

I'm an old carburetor type of a guy, but these cars don't have them (fuel injection).. If you have to step on the pedal to get it to fire up, it might be something inoperative in the throttle body that prevents fuel and/or air going in -to ignite a proper fire in the cylinders.. If it can't hold an idle, it could be a throttle position sensor providing a dead data for the computer to squirt fuel, rendering a possible TPS with a new throttle body.

Any of the spark plugs would propel the engine to fire up under the right condition. If one of them don't spark properly, you would have registered a misfire as an engine trouble code.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts