Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put on your bibs gents!

Top Speed: 200MPH
Weight: 2,910lbs
P/W: 5.7lb/hp
0-60: 3.6 seconds

Chassis & Suspension development by Pratt & Miller, Aluminum Hydroformed frame produced by DANA- 345/30x19 Rear tires.

Brakes designed by Brembo:- 6 piston Front, 4 piston Rear Brake Calipers
- Cross Drilled (cast and camfered) Rotors

Engine Development by KaTech, To be hand built by new HP Engine Plant:
LS7 427ci/ 7.0L. 515HP/500 Ft Lbs
- 24V OHV
- Raced based CNC ported Aluminum Head with 70cc chambers
- 11.0:1 CR
- 41 mm (1.61") Titanium Intake valves
- 46 mm (1.81") Na filled Exhaust Valve
- 104.8 mm Bore (4.125") , 101.6 mm Stroke (4.0") Aluminum block
- Forgrd Crank
- Forged 6 bolt main Bearing Caps
- Titanium Rods
- Cast Aluminum Flat Top Pistons
- 0.591" Lift Cam (15 mm)
- Dry Sump
- 90 mm Throttle Body on Composite manifold
- Ram Air

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
0-60, 3.6 sec; that's faster than a Viper, not to mention just about ANYTHING else, save for a very few cars costing half a million or more. :shock:

Price tag?

·
Registered
848 Posts
:thumbleft: <drool> Is that going to be the base model with 515 HP??? Wonder what the MSRP will be...hope my daughter doesn't need to go to an expensive college...maybe she can just work her way throught school. Need to use up all that money on my GM card too!

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I heard the price will be in the $60.000 range. I'm also told it will have a removable roof panel, unlike the current Z06.
Definitely sweet!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
hotfx45 said:
11.0:1 CR
****- this thing's gonna hate this lousy maximum of 91RON we have here in Cali!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Is that going to be the base model with 515 HP???
that's the Z06...definately not a base model.

The base model vette will have around 400 HP

345/30x19 Rear tires.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

sad part is that the car probably get the same if not better mileage than my FX :?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
hotfx45 said:
05fxguy said:
Not to be a jerk, but if you have to ask why then maybe you should just move along and let others enjoy the thread.
:p ~ :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
14 months or less. i'll be placing my order for a base C6. in the meantime, sure am enjoying my FX :D

·
Registered
549 Posts
There's like 30+ pages commenting on all of the specs of the engine and chassis on one of the LS2 forums, not to mention 5+ pgs on pretty much every performance forum there is. Sounds like GM may draw a lot of sportscar enthusiasts to their side with this new model as even the competitors (997TTs and Vipers included) are planning on acquiring a Z06 "supercar built for the masses." I love those wheels ala Ferrari Enzo split spokes.

I've seen quotes of 512 HP SAE and the Corvette guys are stating that this will most likely be an under-rated figure from GM (For Once!). This is a 427 cu-in SMALL block! I hope the weight balance is good with the ~2900 lb figure being accurate. If the hydro-formed chassis is truly ALL Aluminum and not a Magnesium-Alloy with Steel underpinnings (C5 Z06) then 2900 lbs is realistic. This is like WSB Superbike technology on production open-class streetbikes just like the Corvette Z06 C5's Titanium OEM catback exhaust was for streetcars. 3.6 secs 0-60MPH with the traction of P345/30ZR19 tires is impressive for a RWD vehicle. Easy bolt-ons to achieve 600HP max too, not to get into low PSI/RPM super-chargers (Cast Piston limitations -NOT Forged though has over-engineered Titanium rods). Price appears to be $60K-65K estimated MSRP with a $10K mark-up initially. In a year or 2, you'll see a used version for $40-45K. Pretty amazing value and the US is beginning to play in the European HP wars!

·
Registered
549 Posts
LOL. To each his/her own as they say. The style, quality-level and Corvette stigma isn't appealing to everyone although It's tough not to get excited about the class-leading leap in packaging/technology for the ole' venerable 427 cu-in big-block which is now a SMALL Block at such a great value. I understand that it has a dry sump oil system now as well. No foul, no harm.

·
Registered
599 Posts
The new Corvettes could still use a better rear suspension. Is it true they still use leaf springs in the rear? :p I thought I saw that on a BBC Top Gear review of the Corvette C6.

:p I dunno, I could be mistaken.

American cars have the muscle and the power, they need to improve on ergonomics, interior quality, handling through suspension improvement.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If I recall properly, yes. It was discussed that the evolved leaf spring technology is still there with no sort of coil-over set-up (New R&D cost-reduction). Worked well for the C5 Z06.

Additionally, I've heard the rumors of the 666HP "Blue-Devil" iconic flag-ship Corvette may actually come to realization to slot in above the C6 Z06/07 as GM's direct competition against the Ford GT and forthcoming 550/560HP Viper GTS. The power will come from a lightweight, super-charged 427 cu-in V-8 said to be bench-testing at 700HP already (ALMS C5R technology/success trickling down.) I'll look up some facts shortly.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Ak1nza said:
The new Corvettes could still use a better rear suspension. Is it true they still use leaf springs in the rear? :p I thought I saw that on a BBC Top Gear review of the Corvette C6.

:p I dunno, I could be mistaken.

American cars have the muscle and the power, they need to improve on ergonomics, interior quality, handling through suspension improvement.
:roll: Oh boy, here we go again. :wink: Yet another misinformed person. The Top Gear review said that jokingly. Technically, yes there is a leaf spring in both the front and rear suspension but this my friend is not the same thing as you recall in the muscle cars of the '60's.

These are single transverse-mounted leaf springs. This system is designed to maintain firm control over wheel motion, while delivering a composed and compliant ride quality. During normal driving, the chassis exhibits comfortable and confident handling characteristics; when pushed harder, the car remains stable and secure with outstanding road holding.

Now, what's wrong with thinking outside of the box? Would you consider it better and "high-tech" if it just came with MacPherson struts like every Honda accord since the '80's? Did you know that's the same design as the new BMWs (and tons of others) as well? Do really consider that better? Well, it's not. It's a cop-out and cheap to produce plain and simple. BMW has just taken a cheap design and just improved on it.

Now, when you talk about ergonomics and interior quality, have you actually sat in a C6 yet? If not, you may want to rethink that statement.

Also, the new C6 (and ZO6) is one of the best handling cars in the world hands down. Where do you think they could improve on it??

1 - 20 of 66 Posts