Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,122 Posts
But still has the red tail lights.

Jim
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,609 Posts
Boris Badenov said:
Interesting fuel economy estimates…

20/29 mpg for FX 35 and 18/25 – FX 45!???

Wander what were they smoking?…
Perhaps it is in Imperial Gallons. An Imperial Gallon is about 20% larger than a US Gallon:

1 British Imperial gallon = 1.201 U.S. gallons
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
particlefx said:
Boris Badenov said:
Interesting fuel economy estimates…

20/29 mpg for FX 35 and 18/25 – FX 45!???

Wander what were they smoking?…
Perhaps it is in Imperial Gallons. An Imperial Gallon is about 20% larger than a US Gallon:

1 British Imperial gallon = 1.201 U.S. gallons
It makes some sense,
But perhaps they should have used nautical miles to really confuse da heck out of me.

though my original question still remains…
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
25mpg with the 45 is very improbable, I made many test and never been able to go over 20mpg, and that, using Imperial gallons
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
848 Posts
desualt said:
25mpg with the 45 is very improbable, I made many test and never been able to go over 20mpg, and that, using Imperial gallons
I'll have to disagree, as I have no trouble (except that I hate cruising at 65) hitting 20mpg (U.S) on the highway. Ok, I know, you didn't say impossible. We all know that nobody actually gets the EPA's figures, but at least they give us something for comparison purposes. I recall reading somewhere that they were planning on changing their testing route in order to give a more realistic estimate.

One other thing I've noticed is that I'm consistantly averaging ~15-16mpg now, while last year, it was frequently under 15...I'm certainly not driving any different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
One other thing I've noticed is that I'm consistantly averaging ~15-16mpg now, while last year, it was frequently under 15
I used to get a consistent 15MPG (or ~300MPT), and lately I've been getting about 13MPG. I have changed my patterns more; instead of a ~20mi all-highway trip to work and back, now that I'm self-employed again I'm working from home 1/2 the time and doing more city. One tank was all city, and I averaged 9.6MPG!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
it all goes down to what we decide to do with our purchase, some could go and decide to use only 70 of the 315 available horsepower in the hope to be closer to the maximum rated EPA calculations :?

So this is why I did not used the word "impossible" but "improbable" instead, of course one could go down the neverending hill and hit 72mpg like sweet did one day :lol: but in real useage with mixed bit city and highway I think the "real" average got a sweet spot in the 13 to 16 mpg, I am at 15 myself (Imp. gallons). But I aggree with some kind of guides for comparison, if only they could be closer to reality then maybe we could relate on them, example, I do the exact same MPG with my 2004 Lariat F150 4x4 extended pick up truck than I do with my FX 45... :?

back to this Infiniti.ca web site, are we getting clear tail lights or not?
is that ugly printing on the alu console really the new thing?

I like the blue color, wish they had it in 2003
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top