Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone:

I just wanted to share some pics I took of my new R1 on this fine, sunny CA. day. I was in a serious, near death accident a few years ago after high-siding off a cliff with multiple complex, compound fractures and a Titanium rod in my leg to show for it. A few other riders went down because of one foolish idiot with more testosterone than brains or ability. After a few promises to myself, my wife and my son, I'm finally back to my passion for sportbikes with a focus on track days and sportbike schools once more.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
man!!!!!! Thats sweet!!!! I've been thinking about getting a bike also - first timer- but I was told by several people to take the safety riding class - which im looking into at the moment. I was looking at getting an older honda CBR as a learner bike-

Nice Bike MatrX!!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
psiclne said:
man!!!!!! Thats sweet!!!! I've been thinking about getting a bike also - first timer- but I was told by several people to take the safety riding class - which im looking into at the moment. I was looking at getting an older honda CBR as a learner bike-

Nice Bike MatrX!!!!
Thanks psiclne:

I took the Rider's safety course way back in my Freshman year of college and it was memorable and worthwhile. It's a great fundamental way to get your M1 license. Even better, starting off playing with dirtbikes and making your mistakes there makes streetriding relatively conservative unless you pull 75 degree controlled wheelies like I used to during my earlier adrenaline rush days. :D

Canyon carving in groups are for novices that oftentimes don't know their abilities nor their bike's capabilities ........the track is where the fun truly is with riders way above most everyone's streetriding ability. Seriously, that's where you learn the most to become one with man and machine. You go down on the track it's most likely your own fault........on the street it's unfortunately the other way around due to variables/events that can be highly unavoidable. Take great care!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Flippin sweet dude! Gotta wipe the drool from my face! I ride an 02 CBR 600 F4i. Just got done reading Sport riding techniques by Nick I. Learned alot and really wish there were a track nearby to learn on.

NEways, enjoy the badass bike!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
race4aliving said:
Track days are definitely the way to go if you want to go fast. I like the Russell replica you have, it's been awhile since I've seen one. were you a fan of Scotts?
Hey race4aliving:

Yeah, replicas are always expensive and kind of rare. Remember this one with the Indian Demon caricature? I used to follow WSB news daily and remember those days when Scott Russell used to own the Daytona 200s in FL., ride for Factory Yamaha, and even the last unsuccessfuly stint with Harley-Davidson on non-competitive "sportbikes." Also, I remember always seeing him around at the Bike Nights, Newport Beach CA. with his Victoria's Secrets model/lingerie girlfriend Shannon Tweeden (might have the name wrong)? Fun times in those days with the LA Rough Riders and riding with (2) good female riders - one rode an R1! They always caused a stir around LA cause noone believed that they could "ride" while being as attractive as they were. All the guys wanted to take pics of them and their bikes (mostly of them ;) ) Good friends, good times in 1998-99.

I wear the Arai Micky Doohan Aussie Replica now with the winking Koala Bear (5x WSB champ? I'm just going by recall) ................hehe getting older with all of these champs having retired in 200X.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Scotts been a good friend of mine for more then 20 years. when we first met he had a 600 ninja that he was riding on the street and was working at a garbage bag factory. we both started racing at the same time. we were in the same W.E.R.A. novice licence class.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.