Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have just purchased a high mileage FX45 (167,000 miles) It is in rough shape cosmetically but otherwise solid.

It drove somewhat fine for the first time, although it felt like some power was lacking. Once I came to a stop at some lights and took off, the car was suddenly extremely sluggish and revs were static at 2000rpm, no matter how far I put my foot down. It does not bounce of the limiter, its lime its just humming at 2000rpm. Even going into manual mode and dropping into 1st gear at speed the revs do not get higher than 2000! The car still gets up to speed, just a lot slower than it should do.

As I say, car is high mileage but has a good service history and has been in a dry climate all its life with no rust underneath and no rattling or squeaks from anything.

Service engine light is on along with an airbag warning light. Other than that, nothing else shows on the dash when this "limp mode occurs".

All thoughts/opinions are welcome! I am planning to get this issue looked at soon but just want an idea on what it could be and how pricey it may be.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The first thing you need to do is get the codes read. That should point you in the right direction. I am going through a similar problem with my FX50 but I don't have any lights or codes. Where in Canada are you located?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts