Infiniti FX Forum banner

Which color would you prefer for the exterior color of the 2005 FX45? (please read color description

• Sapphire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sheer Platinum

• Diamond Graphite

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the new 2005 colors will look like for the FX?
Pics would be great. Surprising that these will be appearing in dealerships next month, yet only known pic so far is a rear shot in the recent Motor Trend magazine.

So far we know that the new colors = Sapphire and Sheer Platinum

The local sales manager at Infiniti of Memphis tells me that the Sapphire is a dark blue. The Sheer Platinum will only be available on the FX45 w/ tech package and is an additional $500 upgrade because it apparently requires multiple coats of pearl to get the Platinum effect. Sheer Platinum sounds great and special, but too bad we don’t know what it really looks like.

I'm really anxious to own my first FX and preordered an '05 FX45 from my local dealership in Memphis, TN. I originally preordered a Sapphire with willow interior, then I preordered a second FX with an additional deposit, but this time in Sheer Platinum w/ graphite interior (Sheer Platinum was only available with grahpite interior). Both variants were preordered this past week and should arrive in October.

Both FX45's will be optioned with technology package + MES package (Mobile Entertainment System, DVD player, and Lane Departure Warning). Apparently only way to get the LDW system was to add the DVD package.

I'm only buying one of the two preorders. Dealership will allow me to apply both deposits to the vehicle of my choice. Was too premature to actually decide which I would like better since both colors are unknown, but I didn't want to wait until October to see the colors, then wait another month or two for my order to be built. Plus I want to be one of the first to own the '05 and this waiting is torture.

Another question, do most of you add the 4 slpash guards? That's an option I'm considering, but it seems many of you don't add them and I was wondering why not.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
get the sheer platinum.... the more coats of clearcoat, the better resistance you'll have to chipping. :)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I thought all the FXs came with the splash gaurds already installed? If not, get them; they look decent and do their job.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MustGoFastR said:
I thought all the FXs came with the splash gaurds already installed? If not, get them; they look decent and do their job.
Seems the cargo area protector and splash guards are considered separate optional accessories, but most dealerships apparently install them on most of their FX's. Perhaps to insure the sale of their accessory items.

bradical said:
get the sheer platinum.... the more coats of clearcoat, the better resistance you'll have to chipping. :)
Sales rep mentioned multiple coats of pearl for the Sheer Platinum. Is pearl considered a clear coat? My only concern is doing touch ups or repainting after a repair. Could pose problematic since matching a multiple coat paint job could be difficult to replicate.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've got the splashguards, and it was listed as a $130 option (for '03) on my sticker....well worth it.

Pearl is a clearcoat...had to have body work done a couple times already.

Don

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Kind of hard to vote w/o actually seeing the colors. I prefer Diamond Graphite to all current colors; however the two new ones do seem interesting.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Hey Shawn what part of Memphis are you in? As my avatar shows I know a liitle about the place 8)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
msu79gt82 said:
Kind of hard to vote w/o actually seeing the colors. I prefer Diamond Graphite to all current colors; however the two new ones do seem interesting.
I also favor Diamond Graphite over all currently available colors. I almost bought a new ’04 Diamond Graphite FX45 w/ willow interior and tech package from Infiniti of Memphis for $47,900 a couple weeks ago. That was their rock bottom price, $4,000 below retail, but since the ‘05’s are just a month away, I opted to wait a bit longer. Btw, in case anyone else is considering negotiating for a ’05, they agreed to $1,000 below MSRP for my preorder.

I saw a guy trade-in a car and buy a Diamond Graphite FX35 about 2 weekends ago. He was with a taller blonde girl, and this guy looked early 20’s though. I see you are in TX, but maybe that was you? And supposing you bought from Infiniti of Memphis, how’s their service? My previous service has been with Audi at Gosset, for my ’01 Audi S8, and they have treated me & my car like gold. Hope Infiniti service holds high standards as well.

msu79gt82 said:
Hey Shawn what part of Memphis are you in? As my avatar shows I know a liitle about the place 8)
I’m 2 blocks from the University of Memphis, at Galloway Golf course, which is considered East Memphis. I don’t follow sports, but now I recognize your Memphis Tigers avatar.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Shawn said:
I saw a guy trade-in a car and buy a Diamond Graphite FX35 about 2 weekends ago. He was with a taller blonde girl, and this guy looked early 20’s though. I see you are in TX, but maybe that was you? And supposing you bought from Infiniti of Memphis, how’s their service? My previous service has been with Audi at Gosset, for my ’01 Audi S8, and they have treated me & my car like gold. Hope Infiniti service holds high standards as well.
Not me - bought it here in Houston. Still have family in Memphis and get there several times a year. Good luck with your upcoming purchase.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts