Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished the Sherwood Dash Install last week on our FX. Nice improvement.

I know the mats are filthy, later I will take some new ones with a clean interior

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
We need more pics with some closeups! :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The FX was abducted (Again) by my wife. As soon as she returns from work, I will shoot some more

This kit was such a breeze to install and the controls writing really makes the pieces look like they came OEM. A word of caution though, the 3M tape sticks like nothing I have ever used, once in place it is there for good, go slow and steady

This is the Synthetic Burlwood kit.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
BirdMan said:
This kit was such a breeze to install and the controls writing really makes the pieces look like they came OEM. A word of caution though, the 3M tape sticks like nothing I have ever used, once in place it is there for good, go slow and steady.This is the Synthetic Burlwood kit.
Overall Fit & Finish Looks very Precise. :D Adds a certain Richness to Your Interior. * Nice to see You took Quick, Decisive Action, rather than sit around and Wonder "What If" & Maybe. :shock: > > Any Regrets choosing Sherwood vs. Other options out there? http://sherwooddash.com/Search/html/search.html

·
Registered
706 Posts
very nice. How much? Is the radio kit two pieces?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No regrets at all. I made decisions as soon as I have enough info, then move on to the next item on the agenda.

The pieces fit very exactly, when I was doing my dry run with each piece, I kept saying to myself, "they must be a catch, this is to easy".

What really sold me on the Sherwood is the writing on the controls. After I learned the difference I checked wood kits that the dealers had put on. Seeing the one that just covered up the writing looked cheaper

The wood kit does make the interior look much richer and gives the FX a more expensive looking appearance. On the Brick interior the contrast that the wood kit adds is A+. Whenever people get in they always compliment us on how nice the wood is

I got my kit from a retailer in Mass for $220 delivered, but I later found the identical kit on E-Bay for $179 delivered.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW

The radio part is one piece, the NAV is another piece

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
BirdMan said:
No regrets at all. The pieces fit very exactly, what really sold me on the Sherwood is the writing on the controls. The wood kit does make the interior look much richer and gives the FX a more expensive looking appearance. Whenever people get in they always compliment us on how nice the wood is.

I got my kit from a retailer in Mass for $220 delivered, but I later found the identical kit on E-Bay for $179 delivered.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW
WOW Dawg, or in Your case Bird - $179 SHIPPED! :shock: That's the BEST Price I have ever seen for Sherwooddash (or ANY Other) Dash Trim kit. ~ Why would Others Spend Up to Three times as much for Less Pieces is Beyond Reason! :roll: No Cut-Outs or Cover-Ups and LOOKS JUST AS GOOD, IF NOT BETTER THAN $500+ kits (can you spell "RIP-OFF?") That's probably why Patrick, the owner of the site, calls it GoodTrim. :idea: I'm sure You've just Helped out Many on this forum to make up their mind. It's a No-Brainer Now. - Good things come to those that wait. * Patrick can also get CF & Brushed Aluminum too! (coated or non-coated /CI) Thanks BirdMan. :D Let's see a Blow-Up of the Console again.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blow-Up of the console, Sure thing but it will be a few hours.

This morning my son and I polished the FX and tried out this new stuff called Wheel Sealant. Wait till you see the wheel pics !!

http://www.poorboysworld.com/wheel-sealant.htm

After that my wife took it to work. I am beginning to think I should have bought and FX for myself to drive !!!

I will be getting the additional kit (1568) from Patrick (Goodtrim), the overhead console and the back passenger cover will be the finishing touches

·
Registered
286 Posts
very nice
**** dude you are fast
i see you dont muck around. LOL
the imprints/symbols is a nicer touch
than cut outs
enjoy

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
BirdMan said:
Here are the console pics as well as closer up pics of the radio. See how much nicer it looks with "CD changer, Disc, tune, audio, etc " writing
I've been tellin'em that since early last year ... maybe coming from a newbie it'll make more sense. :roll: Poorboys makes some nice products and priced resonable too. :wink: How much is the 1568 kit? * New Buyers could probably save a few $ if ordering them together. Thanks for the tip and tell Patrick to pop in and say Hello to the gang here. 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.