Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up friends?!
Bose system/no navigation.

My 05 fx35’s radio stopped working and I can’t get the code from Infiniti unless I pay $200.00! Here
s what I see when I press mute and turn the volume knob.
  • NETWORK
    • RADIO NG
  • No power to radio
  • AC/fan functions still work
  • Does not say locked out from anti theft
I bought a double din and removed all components from the radio dash. There’s like 10 connection points! Found an after market harness. Still waiting for it.

I went to drive it and nothing on the dash worked. My question is, can I put an after market radio in and successfully integrate everything? I’m beyond defeated at this point.

if anyone has any experience making it work please let me know.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
There are solutions for your Bose head unit problems but I've never seen a head unit bought from a typical car stereo store used as a swap out to your head unit. You will lose AC functions. In the past there have been members that have replaced the head unit but re-positioned the display for AC controls. Recently there has been a lot of posting about a replacement that will do everything in one form but the reviews are mixed as to the results. Check this thread.

There are shops that specialize in repairing Bose head units as well. You could try contacting these guys:

Whichever way that you go, post up on your results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for replying. If I swap to a double din what do I do with all the extra connectors? Do they stay plugged into the cd and tape player and the compressor? I can extend the screen wires but everything needs to stay in the same place but I’m confused on the harness to the new radio.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
That is all beyond my abilities but you may get an answer from somebody here with more knowledge. I see you have posted over at the Scene as well. You'll likely get a little more input over there.

Reactions: jbivi
1 - 4 of 4 Posts