Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Is the aluminum trim different on the 05's?

·
Registered
882 Posts
doesn't look any diff. except for the tails.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Well, it's official; I think my resale value just went up :D

Def pass on those tails. They look ok on silver, but stand out like a sore thumb Lexus wanna-be on any other color. Does that grill look dark chrome to you? And WTF is up with the little polka dots all over the console aluminum? I thought it was just something in the pic, but it isn't on the round plate the shifter comes up through...

·
Registered
706 Posts
That looks like that carbon fiber aluminum sh!t.

·
Registered
848 Posts
A agree with MGFR...don't like the smoked tails. At least not these ones.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
In time I feel the smoked tails may grow on me (with the right body color), definatly not as bad as the Lexus clears. Back to black on rear cargo area trim? Saffire - in suspense, I just love a good mystery, ...wanna curl up?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Let's hope some of the other concept vehicles presented on the website never see the light of day... like the Actic and the little doggy trailer. The Dunehawk is an interesting idea.

Did anyone ever figure out how Infiniti is getting 298hp out of the G35 Coupe 6MT? The 5AT version still gets 280hp, like the FX does.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Some of you guys sound like 03 and 04 g35 owners dogging to new 05' even though it has a higher quality interior and more horsepower. I think the clear smoke tails look great and matches the futurist look of the FX. I'll probably order a pair if they aren't some astronomical amount.

·
Registered
832 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Well, it's official; I think my resale value just went up :D

Def pass on those tails. They look ok on silver, but stand out like a sore thumb Lexus wanna-be on any other color. Does that grill look dark chrome to you? And WTF is up with the little polka dots all over the console aluminum? I thought it was just something in the pic, but it isn't on the round plate the shifter comes up through...
Ditto here! :(

I think the "smoked" taillights might look good on either a DG or BS. I'm 100% against the aluminum trim...what were they thinking? Keep it brushed, not imitation CF look or whatever they are trying to achieve.

Those pics of the grille are definitely not black chrome, but what about the headlights? Are they? I can't tell from these pics.

I still prefer my black roof rails to the aluminum ones on a B16...my .02 of course.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Looks like some people from Infiniti marketing have been enrolled in advanced riceology courses :roll: . Wish they devoted lil energy to coming up with better looking rims and improving that mashed potatos of a seat cushion we have to cope with.

·
Registered
185 Posts
cool tires on the dunehawk!!

the change to the aluminum trims made it go from nice to ugly instantly, what are they thinking!!!

Not sure about the tail lights myself, I still really like the red ones, these days I can't really stand the RX ones and all of the new Mazda tail lens, maybe it's just me...

·
Registered
882 Posts
if those tails are smowked with a clear lens, they might look good on the DG. I wonder if any 05 would want to treade for my tails.

·
Registered
848 Posts
desualt said:
Not sure about the tail lights myself, I still really like the red ones, these days I can't really stand the RX ones and all of the new Mazda tail lens, maybe it's just me...
...it's not!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
timlot said:
Some of you guys sound like 03 and 04 g35 owners dogging to new 05' even though it has a higher quality interior and more horsepower.
Um, it doesn't and it doesn't. Only interior changes we've seen have been detrimental and there is no change in HP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts