Discussion Starter #2
The Goofy factor-Metal Trims

We now have:

Chrome
Smoked Chrome
Patterned Aluminum
Brushed Aluminum
Faux ALuminum roof rails

As you can see from the pics and I verified it, the LCD is definitely different. The patterned aluminum may be scratch resistant but it looks goofy with the brushed shifter surround. The tail lights really do look cheap, but an alternate combo which may be cool is to just by the backup light in clear and leave the rest red. Also the front grille looks goofy being smoked chrome witht the emblem being Chrome.

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Interesting the seats are different, will have to talk to the dealer to see if they are will to change mine to the 2005 leather with the perforation when I get back into town. From what I hear will not have 2005 in Taiwan till february next year.

Jim

·
Registered
320 Posts
Glad I have an '04... :shock: I knew it was a matter of time before things started to change, all auto manufacters do this thinking it will keep things fresh. Oh well...

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
done will post the pics in a few min.

Jim

·
Registered
706 Posts
I don't see no pics!

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
here goes

internet in china are slow

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
more

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
last one

·
Registered
443 Posts
OMG
i am glad that i have the 03 fx
the taillight is DEFINETLY UGLY

doesn't match the car
the aluminium trim is.... :oops:

and the NAV SCREEN IS SMALLER!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I'd have to see the interior in person; but it doesn't appear to be an "improvement" over the '04. Surely the Nav screen is not smaller! I'm not sure you can tell from the picture; but it certainly is not bigger. Many '05 models (e.g. the MDX) are increasing the size of the Nav screen.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took the pictures and the nav SCREEN definitely is smaller. There is some type of black trim going around the screen. The lcd is shiny plastic now too, instead of the dull finish we have!

Overall, not an improvement except for the seats!

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I wonder with the new screen would you have a glare with the sunroof open?

Jim

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Re: Smaller screen

Calgary Cheetah said:
I took the pictures and it definitely is smaller. There is some type of black trim going around the screen. The lcd is shiny plastic now too, instead of the dull finish we have!
Smaller! Amazing!! Is this the Tech screen (with the Navigation System)? Or the screen w/o Navigation?

I am very glad I did not wait for the '05.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Well, the blue looks nice. I'd like to see a full shot of it in the sun. All I can say about the rest is I'm glad I got an '03! :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It almost seems like they wanted to upgrade stuff but it was an afterthought or at least not thought out and rushed. The LCD was on a TECH package! I agree, the 2003/04 seem more refined than this new 2005, the new aluminum trim looks like ****!

Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you note any change in how the driver's seat controls are made? Specifically if the control brackets still juts into the seat.

So does it look like they've solved the sagging/bubbling leather issue?

I imagine they may have gone to a higher rez screen. What is the 03/04 screen rez?

I've been waiting to buy an fx for a while now hoping for the above improvements. The mishmash of aluminum trims is pretty horrid. Not concerned about the tails as I'll get a 35 without sport.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts