1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Redesigned Intellikey

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
OMG!

i want to trade my 2003 model with the 2005 model...

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
ujmot said:
Redesigned Intellikey
I wonder if the change is just cosmetic? I'd pay for a new-model Intellikey if it'll work on my '03 '45!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks to be just cosmetic.

Does anyone else feel that the LDW system seem useless and potentially annoying as ****?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Might be -- but I salute Infiniti for pushing the tech envelope. This can only lead to bigger and better things to come.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
ujmot said:
Does anyone else feel that the LDW system seem useless and potentially annoying as ****?
No, it's not just you.

·
Registered
848 Posts
kcrudup said:
ujmot said:
No, it's not just you.
I can't imagine how this will actually be useful, but I'll withhold judgement until I see it in action. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us with with it. :?

·
Registered
302 Posts
who the **** actually spent money and time on the LDS. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. What were they thinking investing money in that technology.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
WHOOHOOOO they have the same key as the M45 on the fx now! I can't wait for my [email protected]#*($N 05 FX!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to see a picture of saphire because I am so down for one wtih brick and black!

Course I still need to get some $$$$$ but i'm countin on it in about 300 days or so.

·
Registered
51 Posts
IMO LDW is useless ....if it was Buick or cadillac I'd understand :roll:

I WANT THE NEW KEY :-x

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I have a high-availability redundant LDS system in every car I've ever driven, it's called KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN and PAY ATTENTION. Unfortunately a lot of other drivers (esp here in LA area) have not installed these options.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
contaygious said:
WHOOHOOOO they have the same key as the M45 on the fx now! I can't wait for my [email protected]#*($N 05 FX!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, so the key is now ovel instead on rectangular. BFD. What's the big deal?

LDS is retarded IMO (granny feature), good thing it has an off switch or I'd be modding that real quick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
kcrudup said:
ujmot said:
No, it's not just you.
I can't imagine how this will actually be useful, but I'll withhold judgement until I see it in action. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us with with it. :?
Actually, I read that the Volvo has a system where there are cameras attached to each mirror. These cameras monitor traffic to determine if a car is in either of the lane's blindspots. This way, if a lane change does occur, intentional or not, the system beeps the driver to let them know that a car is in the way. I think IMO that this system is much better than LDW which warns you even when a car is not present in the other lane. This Volvo feature is also good for those of us who actually pay attention while driving and accidently try changing lanes without noticing that speeding car entering our blindspot.

The LDW system beeps anytime lane changes occur even if no car is present in the blindspot and it won't beep if it doesn't see lane markers which is common on nearly every road in Chicago's unending, eternally long construction season where some lane markers are painted over but still visible and others are placed down by some construction worker suffering a seizure during the process. Then there's winter and rainy season where snow and tons of rain can obscure the lane markers throwing off the LDW system. What about leaves on the ground or sand? And then there's the occassional roadkill.

I wish Infiniti used a system similar to Volvos in that it concentrated not on the lanes but the blindspot which is how most lane change accidents really occur.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't think it is just for avoiding other vehicles, but nowadays so many people are busy doing everything but driving when in their car. For when their attention is off the road, if the car starts to drift out of the lane onto the curb or towards a wall close to the road, etc.
It will help with drunk driving and narcoleptics, too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts