Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon acceleration there is a rattle in the engine. Was intermittent now happens all the time. If I decelerate rattle goes away. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
rattle

i have a 05 fx35 as well. at 2500rpms i have a loud rattle as well. it is only while in drive and happens at any speed at 2.5k. after 2.5k it goes away but if i drive next to a jersey barrier with the windows open i can hear the rattle very faintly at higher rpms. any help from anyone on our issues would be awesome thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2005 RX Enfine Rattle

According to Infiniti the rattle comes from carbon deposits on the heads and fuel injectors caused by using low octane gas instead of premium grade fuel. The solution is to perform a 3 in 1 intake service. Technically it's called Combo Fuel System Service. I had the service performed today and the rattle is notably less and, according to Infiniti, should go away altogether. Using premium grade fuel is the key for preventing the injectors and heads clean.

·
Registered
4 Posts
fx35 rattle

my rattle sound happens upon acceleration only, begins at and is very loud at 2500 rpm, very faint almost unnoticeable at higher rpms. whats odd is sometimes it is very quiet, other days its incredibly loud. seems louder after ive been driving for a bit. it sounds like its coming from under the mid section of the vehicle possibly exhaust? i only bought this suv a month ago so im terribly unfamiliar with its workings and whats out of place. if anyone can share ideas that would help that would be amazing thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What sup everyone ! So I'm new here and also had a question? So I just pick up a 03 FX45 and needs some work done to it like new belts, lower control arm and a axle. When I start the car up and when it is in park, it makes this weird noise like a light knocking sound ? as i give it gas it does it only from like 500 rpm to 1500 rpm ? My Mechanic tells me its the axle that making that sound ? but how can it be the axle when the car is is park and just giving it gas ? Just wanted to see if anyone here had this kinda of problem before?
Thanks
John

·
Registered
1 Posts
my rattle sound happens upon acceleration only, begins at and is very loud at 2500 rpm, very faint almost unnoticeable at higher rpms. whats odd is sometimes it is very quiet, other days its incredibly loud. seems louder after ive been driving for a bit. it sounds like its coming from under the mid section of the vehicle possibly exhaust? i only bought this suv a month ago so im terribly unfamiliar with its workings and whats out of place. if anyone can share ideas that would help that would be amazing thanks.

I had the same issue with my 2003 FX 45 303k miles.
It was my Flex pipes. Replaced both for $175.00 at a local exhaust shop no problem now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts