Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer called to say that they have just received some 2005's. So that may make my 04 vs. 05 decision a little easier. He said there will be about $4000 difference in my cost between the two. Not sure if it is worth it. What do you guys think? Will know better once I see it.

What kind of deals has everyone been promised on the '05? My dealer is talking about $1700 over invoice for the '05 (vs. 1600 under for the '04). There is also about a $700 increase in the price of the car. That makes about a $4000 diff. between the two. Said it will be about 6 months before they start heavily discounting them. I'm really torn now!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think my first choice is Diamond Graphite with Brick and the B-16 and Brick is my second choice. I've gotten quotes on both the above colors in an '04 with Sport for $1600 under invoice. But I'm really torn on getting the '05. His quote for an '05 (DG and Brick with sport) is $1700 over invoice. All the above with Tech pkg.

·
Registered
40 Posts
kflanary, what country are you from/in? If you are in Canada, this is old news. Please update your profile or reveal your country's location. And, do you know of dealers in your country are expecting FX45's or just the 35's like Canada?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Northern VA. This is the first I have heard of US 05's. I think they have 35's in. Don't know about 45's. I won't be able to go look until later this week as I am going out of town today. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
462 Posts
My local dealer in atlanta also informed me that 05 FXs will be in his showroom either the first week or at the latest, the second week of November.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
shong43826 said:
If I were you.... I would get 05 if I was getting diamond graphite ... The clear tailight would look better with diamond graphite ...
but this is just my opinion... :D
:shock: $4000 for a clear taillight :shock: I don't think so! I would absolutely NOT get an '05 just because of the clear tailights.

kflanary said:
... 04 vs. 05 decision a little easier. He said there will be about $4000 difference in my cost between the two. Not sure if it is worth it. What do you guys think?
I do not think it is worth the extra money, IF you can get the '04 you want.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
:shock: $4000 for a clear taillight :shock: I don't think so! I would absolutely NOT get an '05 just because of the clear tailights.
I do not want to argue with ANYONE here.... this is just my opinion.
If I were to buy my FX now, I would get 05 because I want to get the clear taillight, new key, new seat, and the new lane warning system( although it may be useless).

·
Registered
361 Posts
shong43826 said:
Don't worry. This forum has alot of open minded people. And we certainly respect each other's opinions. It's one of the better forums that I've been apart of.

Best Regards.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I'd get it for the Sapphire & new seats... then swap the tail lights ;)

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Why are the 05s so late to Infiniti dealers, seems like other makes have been out since summer????

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
shong43826 said:
If I were to buy my FX now, I would get 05 because I want to get the clear taillight, new key, new seat, and the new lane warning system( although it may be useless).
Not an arguement; however all of these additional reasons add up to more than just tailight color. Note however that kflanary's dealer quoted him $4000 more for a comparably equiped '05. LWD is being packeaged with MES and thus will cost at least $2000 more.

kflanary asked if an '05 was worth $4000 more. My Willow has the new perforated seats - so NO I do not think clear lights and a smaller key is worth $4000. You think these cosmetic changes plus LWD is worth $6000 which is fine. kflanary is getting multiple opinions which is what he asked for. 8)

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Don't forgetr to factor in 1 year less depreciation.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK - don't kill me cause I didn't take any pics, but I just had to go look at the 05's. I was in a hurry cause I had a call, but couldn't wait till later in the week after my trip. Here's what I saw and thought: both were 35's with sport package (no tech). One was the new blue and the other was diamond graphite.

I thought the new grill looked great on the blue, but the color was really off on the DG - I just thought it looked out of place. The old chrome one was so nice against the diamond graphite. Sorry to be negative, but to me it was just a real turn off on the DG.

The new dimples on the interior were fine. I think they would really grow on you - nothing special to report there. The new perforated black interior was great! A big improvement!

As for the clear tail lights - I'm torn. Again, I thought they looked great on the blue, but only OK on the DG. They would probably grow on me, but didn't really enhance the DG to me. I think they would look great on the black - not sure about B-16. The headlights looked fine - just looked like they were a slightly darker color.

Hope that helps. BTW - the blue was really nice. It was fairly dark, but not quite navy. Looked good.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
FXECUTIVE said:
Why are the 05s so late to Infiniti dealers, seems like other makes have been out since summer????
If I remember correctly, the Nissan Murano and Infiniti FX were a mid year release from the beginning. I don't know if it would be wise to make a production year 6 mos short to catch up with the rest of the industry. I'd rather have them work out the problems than to patch it up afterward.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'm not sure how a dual tone brick or willow will look in a saphire FX. I think I'd want an all black interior with the saphire. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts