Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

We have just discovered this website and will be purchasing a FX soon and could use some advice.

The 2004's have a 2.9% 60mo finance offer plus they should be discounted pretty heavily.

We have been quoted for a FX35 w/ Tech/Tour, right around $39K or $2500 under invoice ($44K Msrp)

We also got a quote of $46K for a FX45 wTech/Prem or $2700 under invoice ($53K Msrp).

Are these discounts in line with what other people have been seeing ?

Thanks

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hey BirdMan, welcome to the org...

I purchased my 2004 FX45 w/ tech in November, 2004. I got quoted around invoice price (only $140 over invoice) and 1.9% financing for 36 months or 2.9 financing for 60 months.
You should be getting a better deal on yours knowing that it is already 2005. $2500 under invoice should be more like $5000 under invoice. Go get 'em... 8)

Kris

·
Registered
779 Posts
We also got a quote of $46K for a FX45 wTech/Prem or $2700 under invoice ($53K Msrp).
...BTW, I thought invoice on FX45 was around $45K :?:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
also know that 2.9% is now available for 05s as well. if you are eligible for VPP , you can guarantee right around invoice on an 05 with that right off the bat and then on 04's you should be able to clean up

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found on KBB the 2004 FX45 Invoice = $41,643.00,
Msrp = 45,265.00. Maybe they have it wrong

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Birdman Hi.

Try going to http://www.edmunds.com. They have the '04 FX35 at about $39K for invoice.

For what it's worth I was able to get @ invoice for my '05. But I drove an end of calendar year deal.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
BirdMan, I was offered $39K for 04FX35 Tech/Tour back in July (SoCal market) without even really asking, I think you should be able to do better.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Please factor in that you are now buying a car that is one year old and subject to a full years depreciation as soon as you drive it home. I would not settle for more than high retail on a used 2004. It is likly that the dealer is paying full floor plan costs now and should be eager to sell. Also, try and compare prices with Grubbs Infiniti. They will arrange shipping.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello all. I just purchased my new FX35 on Friday. It is my dream car come to life! My new 2004 FX is Ivory Pearl w/ willow interior , Touring Package, cargo mat, splash guards, and wheel locks. Sticker was 38,440. VPP discount plus 2,000 rebate..final price 33,600 plus 1.9% financing. I looked at the Murano' s as well and was able to get the FX for only $1,500 more. Worth every penny! Ilove it!!

Jeff - Nashville
04FX35 RWD Ivory/Willow Touring

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Like POWER? ...Like SPORT/AWD? .......Get the 45!

·
Registered
56 Posts
A 05 FX could be negotiated for invoice or a little over from most dealers right now. Financing will depend on your credit and the terms of the financing. I believe they are currently doing 2.9% on a 48 month on 05's and 1.9 (not sure if that promotion is over) on 04's , which is better than anything you can get outside of Infiniti finance. I was offered 2-3K off invoice for a 04 FX35 a month ago, but they didnt have the color/option combo I wanted. If they did I would have considered it. I paid a little over invoice but they gave me accessories I wanted.

Quotes on a 05 and a 04 leases were close.

In the end I am happy with the 05 FX,I liked the changes in the 05 vs. the 04. If you can live with the 04, it is basically the same car. If you want more power, the 45 is a better bet. Gas milage is comparable on the two. If I had to do it over I would get a 05FX45 rather than the 05FX35 I have now.

If you plan to trade it in a couple of years down the road, you will probably make up some of the difference in cost on a 05 vs. an 04.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
gargan said:
If you want more power, the 45 is a better bet. Gas milage is comparable on the two. If I had to do it over I would get a 05FX45 rather than the 05FX35 I have now.
If You're Looking/Comparing a 35 AWD/SPORT that's Very True Indeed, I could not have said that any better myself! :shock: I hope my post at the bottom of this page Helps someone > http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... 5193#35193

·
Registered
236 Posts
AWD Touring '04 FX35 - $33.9k out the door in November

Circle Infiniti (Red Bank, New Jersey) ran an ad in the New York Times in early November offering 15 '04 FX35s at $33.9k. I was very skeptical, as the best I could do in our neighborhood was $36.9k for the same car but with a towing package in addition to touring, flaps, cargo mat etc (MSPR $39.9k for Circle's, $40.6k for the local one). At that time (over 2 months ago), Circle only offered me tier 1 Infiniti standard financing (4.9%) for 60 mos. As we'd driven the 2 hours at lunchtime and they had exactly what they said they did, prepped and ready to go because I'd called first, we just did the deal and drove it home. I like a good deal, but I'd already driven a few hours, they had the exact car we wanted, and Friday afternoon traffic was building up - so I "just said yes". Any extra $$ I might have saved would have been offset by the cost of a wasted trip to Circle and the aggravation of leaving without a car we really wanted.

One of the 2 local dealers I'd shopped called me a few days before I did the deal, and was frankly nasty when told that Circle offed me one for $3k less. "It's 2WD. It's used. It's....." Then one of their sales managers called me the day after we brought it home to tell me he felt obligated to protect us as potential customers, and that he was sure the car was 2WD. I replied that it was 3 feet from me in my garage, and he told me I probably couldn't tell whether it was really AWD or not. I told him it had 3 differentials and four half shafts, and he hung up after suggesting that it was probably used.

I was so irritated I went over there with the original NYTimes ad. I told their manager that if they'd simply said "we can't meet that price, but we'll come within $200" or whatever it took to keep them happy, I'd have saved myself the 4 hours on the road and the hassle of an out-of-state dealer's trying to do my registration and title work (which Circle did not handle as smoothly as they should have, although I think they're a great place and I'd gladly buy another car from them).

Circle's worth a call - if they have no more '04s, they've got enough '05s to make you happy. They stock virtually every color combo, and they'll probably beat any deal you can get today. Our drive home was wonderful - we love the car and we felt like we'd gotten a fair deal even if it might not have been the best deal on this board.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very interesting day.

One dealer is offering us 2005's at a few hundred under Invoice which makes the 2004 vs 2005 FX35 about a $1500-$2000 difference, both have (Tech,Touring, some other odds and ends)

From what I read they are virtually identical so it would seem like a better decision to go with the higher resale potential of the 2005.

Any thoughts ??

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would go with the 05, you will get most of it back in resale for the 1 year newer car. If the difference is 2K or less, that is a good deal. If you plan to get the sport package, definately go for the 05.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We will be driving the FX a lot, to the tune of 24k a yr. This morning I did a calc on what a 1yr old FX vs a 2yr old both with 24k miles would be worth after 12 months and the results were interesting.

2005 trade in costs are not available so I used 2003 vs 2004 as a basis. The diff in Trade in costs between a 2003 FX35/FX45 and a 2004 FX35/FX45 both with 24k miles are as follows:

FX35 w/24k miles
2003 = $26775
2004 = $27175

FX45 w/24k miles
2003 = $32075
2004 = $32500

The difference is roughly only $400.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Please remember that is jsut what a book or site says. Real life is different. It is only worth what you can actually get out of it. I'd go for the 05!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I was in a similar situation last month and bought an 04 with sport/tour, silver rails, cargo mat, splash guards for around 1200 under invoice

·
Registered
236 Posts
A 24k mi 1-year old looks more "used" than a 24k 2

Potential buyers won't know or care whether it was bought in Jan 04 or Jan 05 - a 24,000 mi 1-year-old car sounds more "used" than a 24,000 mi 2-year old car. This may account for the close values at KBB, Edmunds etc after 1 year. A high-mileage car with no remaining factory warranty after less than 3 years won't move without a sizeable break from KBB, even if it looks great at the curb.

If cost were the primary factor and I were putting 24k on it annually, I'd get an '04, with plans to sell or trade after 2 years. We chose the '04 in November because we only put about 12k on the "family car" annually and we've averaged 7+ years on each of its predecessors since 1983. The car was exactly what we wanted, it was fairly priced, it was right in front of us and we were ready to buy.

The other "cost-effective" combo for you would be to get the '04 with the 7 yr/100k warranty option and keep it 4 years. I'd bet you could get the same thing for that car at 4 years/90k that you could get for an '05 with 90k and no remaining warranty (maybe even more from a private buyer). And you'd be covered until you move on.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts