Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks:

I was just offered by my dealer in Charlotte NC, a 2004 FX 35
Black/Brick with Tech, Touring and Sport packgage for $43,900.00.

Edmunds.com says the invoice would be $41,233.
Since the 2005 will be at dealer in September and it is the end of the month, I believe that I should get invoice + $500.00....

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

·
Registered
882 Posts
invoive plus 500 sounds like a good price to shoot for. I got my 04 in feb and got it for 500 over invoice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i just got mine for $275 over invoice sport pckg, no tech

according to a source on Edmunds there is a $500 dealer allowance for July on the FX

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huummm, I could not see the $500.00 thing at Edmunds.com
for the FX 35....

Do you have a link ???

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Premium vs Regular

How many of you use premium gas on the FX 35 ?
My salesman told me that it is recommended, but no mandatory...[/code]

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Re: Premium vs Regular

2YY4U said:
How many of you use premium gas on the FX 35 ?
My salesman told me that it is recommended, but no mandatory...[/code]
You can do a search on this topic, but I believe the great majority of use use premium exclusively. The engine IS tuned to take advantage of the higher octane and will perform it's best when fed the good stuff, so ask yourself "Would I buy a pedigreed Golden Retriever and feed it Ol' Roy?".

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
It was a hassle but, I got mine well below invoice.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"It was a hassle but, I got mine well below invoice"

How long ago did you get your ? Can you share what you paid ?

Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
2YY4U said:
Hi Folks:

I was just offered by my dealer in Charlotte NC, a 2004 FX 35
Black/Brick with Tech, Touring and Sport packgage for $43,900.00.

Edmunds.com says the invoice would be $41,233.
Since the 2005 will be at dealer in September and it is the end of the month, I believe that I should get invoice + $500.00....

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
you can do better
look at buying out of state also to increase competition.
most people seem to be getting a few hundred above invoice.
keep trying
good luck

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see the point of getting out of state, but then I have an extra cost to have it sent here.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I just bought mine two weeks ago and got it for $800 over invoice. It was not the $500 I wanted but all in all it was a good experience. Yea, I could have gone to another dealer and probably saved the $300 but I wanted to buy from this one dealer. Also, their service department is known to be top notch so if I have an issues, maybe I will get treated better? :roll:

PS- fly out and drive it back :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dealer blew the deal

Hi Folks:

I finally gave up on the FX35. The only dealer in town refused to get me the 2004 FX black/brick with sport/tech/tour package for $500.00 over invoice. He wanted to make all the profits, including the holdback of $1,120.00!! Too bad for him....
It was late Tuesday night, strong rain and I found a VW dealer just a mile from the Infiniti. The next day, I got a 2004 Touareg V6 loaded and paid the $500.00 over invoice plus 3 years 0% finance.

Needless to say that even the manager of Infiniti ended up calling me several time on Wednesday.

I want to thank you all that gave me advice on the Infiniti FX and will continue to check this forum every once in a while.

Good luck,

2YY4U
2004 Touareg V6 Blue silver/Anthracite, Bi-Xenon, 4 Corner Air Suspension, Premium Package II, Electronic Parking Assistance

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
life will be difficult everytime an FX commercial comes on - keep remote in hand or go grab a beer- sorry, just the facts.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
i get a kick when those owners move the front roof rack cross member rearward to meet the one in the rear - it must be a go-fast spoiler mod. / no extra charge either for them! where should we send cards and flowers? it's a vw thing...we DON'T want to understand!

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
2YY4U said:
"It was a hassle but, I got mine well below invoice"

How long ago did you get your ? Can you share what you paid ?

Thanks
Picked it up about 2 weeks ago. When it was all said and done...about $900.00 under invoice.
However, it wasn't a pleasant experience.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PINITI-FX said:
i get a kick when those owners move the front roof rack cross member rearward to meet the one in the rear - it must be a go-fast spoiler mod. / no extra charge either for them! where should we send cards and flowers? it's a vw thing...we DON'T want to understand!
You can send the cards and flowers to FromHereToInfiniti.... :twisted:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
...can't seem to get mine off-road, **** thing handles too well! / patience and persistance ...waytogo After Fx , now get over here so we can go taunt the vw dealer down the road - we'll kill all his eom sales (unless he pays for our CAI)

·
Registered
848 Posts
2YY4U said:
FromHereToInfiniti said:
I got a 2004 Touareg V6
Sorry for your loss :D
Thanks for your concerns....
I meet you at off road location...... :twisted:
Yeah, let us know how often you actually use that capability. Personally, I've never had the need. Honestly though, I was only pullin' your leg with my previous comment as I've never even sat in one...but keep those cards & letters comin' :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts