Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I searched and couldn't find any confirmation on this....I have a 2004 FX35 with the single piston front brake calipers. I've just realized that the late 2005 and above 1st gen FX's have a 2 piston caliper setup and slightly larger pads and rotors. Has anyone else done the swap from the single piston to the 2 piston caliper setup? I'm really considering it to see if there's any increase in braking performance or rotor life. Would I need to change more than just the rotors, pads, and calipers?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't know about going to the 2 piston units as my 2005 came with them. When it was time for me to do brakes I put the 4 piston FX50 calipers on the front from a second generation. To install them you of course need the calipers, rotors, and pads. Additionally you need a shorter banjo bolt for the brake hose. Other than that they simply bolt on for the fronts. Its fantastic.

Search on here for akebono caliper upgrade and see how people did it.

My post count isn't high enough to post links for the parts but you can find those calipers everywhere. Ebay seems to be the cheapest.

The banjo bolts can be purchased from Z1 Motorsports

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.