Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from the dealer with my new 20" chrome wheels. It's a non-sport model that originally had 18" wheels but as someone on the FA forum said, it rides like a "big cat with soft paws." Meow!! 8)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Cant see pics :(

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
she even looks like she's purrrring! what dealer? are they factory rims sent out to be chrome plated through an exchange program , or are they over the counter factory chrome? what is the part # on the inside of the chrome center cap? ...and while i'm asking, how much? oh yeah and by the way your moldings look super also! would you mind giving me the measurement from the bottom of you moldings to the top of the chrome on the lower rocker panel at both where the front door meets the front fender and where rear door chrome meets the blackl, thank you. Nice Kitty!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I wanna see :cry:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
he also posted at F/A, maybe the pic. can be viewed for your server there.?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
nope, cant see them there either.

If someone wants to email me them I will post, maybe there are others that cant see them either.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Whenever I can't see a pic, I get info on it, copy the URL, and paste it into a new browser window. Works (almost) everytime.

Here's the url for the pic above:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... g.orig.jpg

Remember: Don't click on it! Copy and paste it into a new browser (boy I hate Imagestation).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Oh, cool... I did ParticleFX's copy-and-paste trick, and not only did I see the shot, but when I came back to this page, the ImageStation error .gif was gone and the FX shot was in its place.

Slick!

D

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
she even looks like she's purrrring! what dealer? are they factory rims sent out to be chrome plated through an exchange program , or are they over the counter factory chrome? what is the part # on the inside of the chrome center cap? ...and while i'm asking, how much?
Unfortunately I can't divulge the source of the rims. Let's just say it took awhile to find a place that wouldn't rip me off with the exchange of my 18's. I think they already had a buyer lined up or something. :lol: They're factory rims that were sent back to be chromed, not factory ones. Don't know the part numbers. The wheels, tires, mounting, and alignment totaled about $2100 with the wheel swap. My local dealer did the mounting and alignment job. A well-known Texas dealer wanted $3300 for wheels + tires including the swap if you can believe that... :roll: I still would like to sell the original 18" tires to recover some of the cost. Anyone interested in getting a second set of tires cheap??

would you mind giving me the measurement from the bottom of you moldings to the top of the chrome on the lower rocker panel at both where the front door meets the front fender and where rear door chrome meets the blackl
It's roughly 13.5" in the back and 12.5" in the front. Measure it using the perpindicular from where rear door and fender meets the chrome at the bottom just inside the wheelwell. Got it from the FA forum (FXcellent did it like this).

So hows the ride???
Well, like I said "a big cat with soft paws." Real-world handling is greatly improved especially while cornering. There used to be a little roll with the higher sidewall 18's but that's basically disappeared. I can't compare the ride to a sport package-equipped FX35 since I never drove one. Needless to say, my girlfriend didn't notice any additional harshness tonight (a good thing) vs. the old setup. It did feel a bit harsher over speed bumps though, IMO. Everywhere else it felt the same (just with better lane changing and cornering)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Looks good! Nice to see you made it over here from FA. Just drop me a PM if you want to come down and compare rides sometime...

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
thank you for responding. if you do get a chance to pop a center cap off, please let us know what the part # is - and do they fit real tight with the rim? thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The chrome wheels came with generic center caps with no emblems so I'm not sure if the part number will help you. The dealer took off the emblems and glued it on to the generic caps. Anyway, the fit is perfect and very tight.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts