Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first post, just got a 03 FX45, Premium, BO/GrB and LOVING IT! One thing that my wife and I are disappointed in is the height of the passenger seat. I was wondering what the cost/challenge would be of installing an 04 passenger seat in an 03? :idea:

Thanks!
MS

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
That depends on how FAST you are with a wrench next time you visit your dealer! LOOK over there, it's a kangeroo :twisted: (now we return you to a more serious responce)

·
Registered
848 Posts
There was a thread about this on the other forum, where Danny checked, and figured that they'd have to replace the entire seat, at a huge cost (I forget the figure, but it was in the 4-digit range). You'd probably be better off trading in the vehicle on an '04. :(

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Just looking around at parts on EverythingInfiniti.com, looks like it MIGHT be possible to simply replace the seat adjuster (the base) and adjuster switch. Not sure if these are all you'd need or how hard it would be to retrofit the switches, but as long as the power hook-up for the seat is the same, you can get these parts for about $500. Not sure what that $300 control module is...

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ ... 4&model=Fx

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Yeah, Over there, that $3500 Kangeroo! There it goes :shock: See.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$3500!! Yikes! I like the idea of changing the base and the control arm. But would they have to cut the leather? I guess I will have to check junkyards all over the wazoo. I also saw a post that people just raised the seat with spacers.

BTW, Is the seat $3500? Where was this listed? That seems way out of line, IMO.

Thanks for all the fast replies! This board rocks!
:D :D
MS

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
mistershadow said:
Hello all, first post, ...
Welcome to the group 8)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Best bet......

Your best bet is to put a search for the passenger seat though the junkyards for any totaled FX's . There has to be some out there somewhere and you will probably save alot of money too. Doesn't hurt to try. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts