Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI EVERYONE!!! I drive a 2003 FX45 and its literally been the best car I have ever had. Being that it is a 2003 however its showing some signs of aging. I want to keep this car around for as long as I can but that means doing most mechanical fixes myself. There is aprox. 180,000 miles on the engine and I just got thrown the P0308 code. I understand the code, it's knowing where the 8th coil and spark plug is on the vehicle and what the best approach is to get to it that I really need. If anyone could lend me some pointers on this that would be great! Thank You!

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Not sure on the procedure to remove but cylinder 8 is on the passenger side at the back of the engine.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Here's a procedure from an M45. Should be very similar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI EVERYONE!!! I drive a 2003 FX45 and its literally been the best car I have ever had. Being that it is a 2003 however its showing some signs of aging. I want to keep this car around for as long as I can but that means doing most mechanical fixes myself. There is aprox. 180,000 miles on the engine and I just got thrown the P0308 code. I understand the code, it's knowing where the 8th coil and spark plug is on the vehicle and what the best approach is to get to it that I really need. If anyone could lend me some pointers on this that would be great! Thank You!
Just got into it and found the 8 coil/spark plug. Was hoping it was the spark plug but looks like I am going to need to replace the coil so went ahead and ordered a coil pack as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sound like you got'r done. How long did it take you? Did you replace all your plugs and coil packs?
What was the spark plug brand and did it match your coil pack brand? Was it an easy job?

Here's a video for other people that may help you know what is involved:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts