Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned this FX45 for 12 years. Great car. I added a Parrot CK3000 bluetooth about 5 years ago. It works, but volume isn't great through the speakers.

This is a FX45 with tech package, NAV and OEM rear DVD entertainment system. My problem is with the Bose stereo. It has slowly gotten worse over the years. With HD radio, and smart phones, it would be nice to get this system up to speed. I've searched this for years, but it seems there aren't any easy upgrades to help the system.

Questions:

Could this 2003 system be swapped out for a 2008 system?

If not, what is the best method to upgrade the stereo and maybe bluetooth without losing the factory NAV/DVD/backup camera system?

·
Registered
24 Posts
There are many posts on the internet and in other forums for a Double-Din conversion on the FX. With the conversion your choices are unlimited because you would be able to install any aftermarket double din radio/NAV/Android/Carplay etc. I have an 08 FX that I am currently working on the double-din conversion and once I have completed it I will post a write up and pictures. If you go to youtube and search for Double Din radio install on FX you will find several helpful and some not so helpful videos on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
the way the Parrot plugs into the Infiniti occurs after the amplifier, so you can't control the volume from the system (as you know). The amp is built into the Parrot system and is terrible, as you know. Furthermore, you can't adjust the fader. The amount of signal sent to the rear speakers controls signal to the subwoofer. With the stock system, you roll more to the back speakers and you get more sub which fills out the acoustic space. With the Parrot, you're stuck with less sub signal and the integrated Parrot amp is woefully underpowered.

The first thing you can do is to buy a system that plugs in via the satellite port so you can control it via the Infiniti amp. Now you get back volume and fader control. I have the Nissan iPod harness plugged in this way but have been looking at bluetooth systems that use the sat port.

Second, replace the speakers with any aftermarket speaker that fits (Crutchfield can tell you what fits). Just the door speakers will make a huge difference and they are easy to access.

You can easily do these yourself and have a significantly improved system for <$500.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What Head unit did you install?
How much do you THINK it'll cost to have this professionally done?
What sun visor is that? It looks perfectly snug.
Did you retain your steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The unit is an Android 5.1 head unit made by Pumpkin Audio model 11-RQ0269E-US-A. I bought it from this link.
I was quoted well over two grand to do what I did but most of that is in labor costs. I worked on mine during my down times which is why it took so long. If you are willing to spend some time it is doable and not too complicated since there's a wealth of how to videos and instruction guides on forums, Youtube and Google.
The sun visor is a Covercraft UVS100 custom cut purchased from CarID website here.
Yes the steering wheel controls work fine and connect to two wires on the flat cable that plugs into the back of the HVAC control module.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm thinking of putting in a single DIN in the clock area of the dash. Seems like that is the logical place without ruining the original nav system.

Thanks for the posts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm thinking of putting in a single DIN in the clock area of the dash. Seems like that is the logical place without ruining the original nav system.

Thanks for the posts.
fxsip..Were you able to install a single DIN in the clock are of the dash? Was it easy? I am planning to do that too on my 05FX35. I 've already start looking at the cabby holes on the clock area but the seat memory module is on the way and can't find a place to relocate it because of the length of the wire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fxsip..Were you able to install a single DIN in the clock are of the dash? Was it easy? I am planning to do that too on my 05FX35. I 've already start looking at the cabby holes on the clock area but the seat memory module is on the way and can't find a place to relocate it because of the length of the wire.
No, I haven't pulled the trigger, yet. If the seat module is an issue, my second choice might be the glove box. There just aren't a lot of convenient places to mount a stereo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was able to fit the aftermarket single DIN Alpine CDE-HD148BT on the clock area and it works well for me. I remove the metal mounting of the seat memory module and slide the module underneath next to the other metal module where there is some room. The problem I have now is how to connect the aftermarket AXXESS ASWC-1 steering wheel control adapter to the stock wiring harness. There is some videos on YouTube for 2005 G35, Maxima, Altima but none for FX35. Crutchfield tech guys cannot identify which color on the stock wiring harness where I can tap the 2 wires from the Axxess ASWC-1. They wanted me to return the AXXESSASWC-1. AXXESS website has none either so I am doing some research on the website what aftermarket steering wheel control adapter that works for my 05FX35.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts