Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Forum :)

I have a 2003 FX45. It was bought (leased) in New york, and then shipped out to California when I moved here.

The engine pings.

The dealer service advisor brought this to my attention about 1 month ago. He told me it pinged "real bad". When I asked him what I could do about it, he told me to use "proper quality gas". I told him that I hever never ever used anything but 91 octane gas in this car. His response was "Well, try anyways". -And I was to use only Chevron fuels.

So, after 2.5 tanks of Chevron 91 octane with no change in the pinging, I went back to the dealer. This time they added a fuel treatment to the gas and revved the engine to 4000 rpm 5 times. Told me to do the same if the pinging continued. As I was driving off the dealer parking lot, the pinging was right there again. -But I thought I'd go through the remaining amount of "treated" gas I had in the tank.

1 week later, that was done. And the car still pinged. Back to the dealer I went. This time they removed part of the intake system, manually cleaned carbon deposits out and manually flushed the system (whatever that means) and relearned the engine computer.

The engine still pings.

Prior to these issues, I have had numerous other problems:

Loose drivers seat (4 repairs)

Warped brake rotors ("That's normal on FX's")

Tick noise from the front suspension (That's normal suspension movement")

Lots of rattles from various locations in the car

Intermittent whine frm the transmission.

I am getting so incredibly frustrated with the car. I am hoping someone in this forum can suggest what to do to remedy the engine pinging.

I am unfortunately past the first 12 months / 18000 miles where the lemon laws provide an option for a lawsuit and terminating a lease.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
well first off, the rev to 400 thing is part of a TSB that is out for engine pinging where they say that there may be carbon deposits in the engine. if its not stopping, i wonder if there is issues with your MAF or ECU??? try doing any diagnostics on those???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.