Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, FX45 fans! I'm posting here because I've always been a fan of the high-powered FX's and my father-in-law, who lives in Vegas during the cold season (We're in the Chicago area otherwise) bought this one new and has always taken impeccable care of it. He has NEVER abused the car, but it has recently begun to require more maintenance (nothing major to date) and he has decided to sell it when he goes back to Vegas in December (His plan is to drive or ship his current Chicago vehicle, a BMW X3, out to Vegas to replace the FX).

I know that his local mechanic has expressed interest in the car (no surprise) but I'm curious to know what kind of interest might be out there among FX forum enthusiasts? I've actually considered buying it from him myself and driving it back to Chicagoland from Vegas, but it's not the perfect vehicle for my overall needs (I need more space to haul stuff), despite performing EXACTLY the way I'd like my next vehicle to drive!

With several months to go before he heads back, I'm in a position to take questions from anyone who might have an interest in acquiring the car, and also to find out exactly what it needs. I suspect the required maintenance is going to be minimal compared to other FX's its age. I can tell you that it has never been in a major collision, though he has tagged the garage with the front right corner of the vehicle several times over the years and had it expertly repaired each time. Currently, there may be some minor damage on that corner, but otherwise I believe that the car is immaculate. The interior was mint the last time I was in the car (several years ago) but I dont' expect that it has changed at all - as I mentioned, he takes impeccable care of his vehicles.

Anyway, I know it sounds like an advertisement (and admittedly, it kind of is), but I wanted to put this car on the radar of people who will truly appreciate what it is, before it goes up for sale in December. I have no idea what it's actual value is, though I've seen price ranges on FX45's with a lot higher mileage in much worse condition.

What I'd really like to know is what kinds of things I should be advising him to look out for or take care of before he gets rid of the car, so as to make it an easy sale to somebody who will love it as much as he has. Hard to beat a one owner, well cared for, FX45!

Thanks for indulging me ... Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions I can pass on to my father-in-law. Oh, one more thing. Although the car is in storage at his home in Vegas, if somebody is just dying to get a hold of it before December, we can probably find a way to work it out, though more likely it will have to wait.

Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Greetings, FX45 fans! I'm posting here because I've always been a fan of the high-powered FX's and my father-in-law, who lives in Vegas during the cold season (We're in the Chicago area otherwise) bought this one new and has always taken impeccable care of it. He has NEVER abused the car, but it has recently begun to require more maintenance (nothing major to date) and he has decided to sell it when he goes back to Vegas in December (His plan is to drive or ship his current Chicago vehicle, a BMW X3, out to Vegas to replace the FX).

I know that his local mechanic has expressed interest in the car (no surprise) but I'm curious to know what kind of interest might be out there among FX forum enthusiasts? I've actually considered buying it from him myself and driving it back to Chicagoland from Vegas, but it's not the perfect vehicle for my overall needs (I need more space to haul stuff), despite performing EXACTLY the way I'd like my next vehicle to drive!

With several months to go before he heads back, I'm in a position to take questions from anyone who might have an interest in acquiring the car, and also to find out exactly what it needs. I suspect the required maintenance is going to be minimal compared to other FX's its age. I can tell you that it has never been in a major collision, though he has tagged the garage with the front right corner of the vehicle several times over the years and had it expertly repaired each time. Currently, there may be some minor damage on that corner, but otherwise I believe that the car is immaculate. The interior was mint the last time I was in the car (several years ago) but I dont' expect that it has changed at all - as I mentioned, he takes impeccable care of his vehicles.

Anyway, I know it sounds like an advertisement (and admittedly, it kind of is), but I wanted to put this car on the radar of people who will truly appreciate what it is, before it goes up for sale in December. I have no idea what it's actual value is, though I've seen price ranges on FX45's with a lot higher mileage in much worse condition.

What I'd really like to know is what kinds of things I should be advising him to look out for or take care of before he gets rid of the car, so as to make it an easy sale to somebody who will love it as much as he has. Hard to beat a one owner, well cared for, FX45!

Thanks for indulging me ... Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions I can pass on to my father-in-law. Oh, one more thing. Although the car is in storage at his home in Vegas, if somebody is just dying to get a hold of it before December, we can probably find a way to work it out, though more likely it will have to wait.

Regards,
Steve
I have some interest. Can you provide photos?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, John!

Appreciate the reply. Unfortunately with the car in Vegas and me (and my in-laws) being in Chicagoland, I have no way to take current photos of the car - I only just found out that he intends to sell it in December (or possibly sooner if we can figure something out). What I CAN do is to chat with my F-I-L tomorrow and find out whether the vehicle is in the same condition as last I saw it, which would mean that the front right corner has minor damage due to a run-in with the side of the garage, but that the rest of the car is pristine. I will also ask him if anyone is checking on their home that might be able to snap some pictures of the car for us.

I'll get back to you when I know more. ;-)

Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have some interest. Can you provide photos?

Thanks,

John
How about some basic info - exterior and interior color, options, roof rack, etc. If you can remember any of those details it would help. I'm in Southern California so Vegas is just a short hop.

Thanbks,

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
How about some basic info - exterior and interior color, options, roof rack, etc. If you can remember any of those details it would help. I'm in Southern California so Vegas is just a short hop.

Thanbks,

John
Hi, John.

Basically this was a fully loaded FX45 in 2003. I just got off the phone with my F-I-L and learned a few details I was unaware of. First, he bought the "fully loaded" car in 2004 as a "demo" vehicle, driven by the owner of the dealership with 6000 miles on it, so it was impeccably cared for even before he bought it. The color is (I believe) "Beryllium 16" and the paint is in great shape, aside from the front right corner damage. The car mostly lived in Chicago until three years ago, when it moved to Vegas. It has lived in a garage its entire life, so hasn't suffered the ravages of the rustbelt like most vehicles its age. Since I haven't seen the car in three years, I honestly don't know if there is any surface rust anywhere but I'd be inclined to guess "no," and my F-I-L doesn't recall having seen any spots. If there IS any, I'm sure it's very minimal. Here are some photos of the vehicle that his neighbor took for us. The interior is a "Golden Orange" color that is gorgeous, and it is in excellent condition.

Regarding the mechanicals, It recently received a new battery, at least one (and possibly more) new fuel injectors, and a new catalytic converter (I believe this model has two). The tires are also in great shape, with lots of tread. From what my in-laws tell me, it sounds as though the car may need some other "normal wear" components as they think it is running a little "rough," but otherwise it is as you would expect a well maintained vehicle with only 78,000 miles on it to be. ;-)

Regards,
Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, John!

Appreciate the reply. Unfortunately with the car in Vegas and me (and my in-laws) being in Chicagoland, I have no way to take current photos of the car - I only just found out that he intends to sell it in December (or possibly sooner if we can figure something out). What I CAN do is to chat with my F-I-L tomorrow and find out whether the vehicle is in the same condition as last I saw it, which would mean that the front right corner has minor damage due to a run-in with the side of the garage, but that the rest of the car is pristine. I will also ask him if anyone is checking on their home that might be able to snap some pictures of the car for us.

I'll get back to you when I know more. ;-)

Regards,
Steve
Thanks. Can we take our discussion offline?
John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Can we take our discussion offline?
John
Hi, John,

I just updated the above post with actual pictures of the car - I completely forgot that the exterior is NOT "Liquid Copper," but "Beryllium 16" (I believe). I got the Orange color in my head because the interior is a deep Orange leather - DOH! We can absolutely take the conversation "offline." PM me your contact info and we can go from there. ;-)

Thanks!
Steve

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Verynice, I have mine since 2007 and it's a 2003 FX45 Diamond Graphic With Beige interior and Black dash. also only has 75,572 MIles on it. Just installed a "70Mai A800" 4k Dual front and Rear Cam on it. I think I will keep here till she is 20 years old and becomes official classic. Still drives like a new Sports truck.

Reactions: Planecrazy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts